hornby ark royal

Wow, neat! I just love the graunchy noise when the wheels slip.

(time for my medication)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Gregory Procter

"ViP" wrote

The 50 without traction tyres will easily pull more than a prototypical load. That is not to say they will not pull more with tyres, but I don't want my models to pull more than the prototype, so such comparisons are irrelevant.

The presence of the traction tyre is a nuisance. Not only do they collect dirt, stretch and wear out, but they reduce the number of wheel surfaces available for current collection. They are a kick-back to the days of useless motors and lightweight locomotives.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner"

I _do_ want my model locos to be able to pull more than the prototype. After all, we have to deal with sharper curves and grades that are, on average, steeper than most prototype grades. I especially want my locos to be able to pull more up my 1:36 grades than the prototype could because, in the area I model, there were no grades less than around 1:200. It's mainly flat or gently rolling hills.

Agreed on all counts. They are scorned by North American modellers.

-- Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

What would you expect in a city that sports roads like "the land of green ginger" and Alfred Gelder Strasse?

Reply to
GbH