Hornby class 110

I saw one of these in the shop today, it looks pretty good from a distance. Has anyone tried one? Any idea how well it runs and how amenable it might be to DCC?

Guy

--

"To every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

I have one. It runs very nicely. Got a Hornby ringfield motor. I also managed to get another middle car, so often run a 4 car unit. plenty of room for the decoder(not gone that route yet).

I like it.

Reply to
Ian Cornish

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Only buy the Chinese built 5-pole motor version - these are vastly superior to what went before. I converted one of these to DCC operation using a Lenz HO Gold decoder and it ran absolutely superbly.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

IIRC they are good models of the Calder Valley sets, I had one years ago which was good on DC, as its a ringfield (IIRC) then it should be OK for DCC,

HTH

Reply to
David Skipsey

I submit that on or about Tue, 13 Sep 2005 19:30:40 +0100, the person known to the court as "John Turner" made a statement ( in Your Honour's bundle) to the following effect:

The current stock will be that, yes? It looks as if it's been tweaked from the earlier version, the exterior detailing looks a lot cleaner. Maybe they've had new moulds made up?

Guy

--

"To every complex problem there is a solution which is simple, neat and wrong" - HL Mencken

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

"Just zis Guy, you know?" wrote

Don't think they've changed the bodywork, it's still got the non-prototypical ridge at the top of the tumbleholme.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I've got an original Hornby one and have fitted a Lenz LE103XF and it runs fine. Also added some extra pick-ups to improve performance. Five pole motors should improve low speed performance I would think.

Chris

Reply to
Chris