Suppliers of OO/HO Scale Crane Hooks

Hi again all

Anyone know of suppliers of these? I am wanting to make a range of block and tackle type accessories and can't seem to find anyone who supplies the hooks. Any help greatly appreciated

thanks

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

They are not too difficult to make, I have made some in N using 5Amp fuse wire bent to shape and coated with solder with a bit of a sand-down once cool. The problem is that crane hooks are very complicated things, designing them separates the men from the boys in engineering terms, so there are a lot of subtle variations in their design.

All I have on the subject . . .

Mike

these images are EXACTLY what I am looking for.

I have found some hooks from the States and have ordered several but with these drawings I should be able to make all I need!

I would like to see your versions if you have some pics

Thanks!

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Glad it was of help

Sadly I am between lives at the moment so everything is packed away.

Mine were all in N, twisted fusewire 'chain' or thicker wire for 'rope', but I did manage a couple of good ramshorns for heavy cranes and one Liverpool hook of acceptable appearance.

I may have a rail crane accessible with a hook on it, if I can find it I'll send some pics (that one ended up rather well I thought).

Mike

Reply to
Mike

many thanks - this morning I am doing my first set of handrails on a Lord of the Isles

total pain in the arse so I reckon I am doing something wrong (pun intended)

seriously, getting handrail knobs to line up correctly is a nightmare

I will be having a good read of all those articles on the website later in the week - bloody brilliant I think!

Thanks again - I love the fact that the Internet has democratised information sharing...... will be an interesting world when anyone can know anything they need ......

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

Not sure the world is ready for me getting what I need! Or indeed if there is enough plasticard!

Reply to
Mike