Hornby Eurostar

Does anyone know if there is such a thing as an parts diagram for the Eurostar Coaches, I have the diagram for the engine but cannot fathom how the coaches are built up.

Reply to
SquiddlyDiddly

The body and the underframe/glazing are two separate parts. Lever out the bottom edges of the body to release the sides from the glazing and the two will part to reveal all.

Berst of luck

DaS

Reply to
emudas

Thanks for the reply Das. The problem is the opposite though. I have the body parts and bogies etc and I want build the coaches. The glazing / underfame to body is OK. It's the bogies and how the coaches join which is puzzling me.

Reply to
SquiddlyDiddly

On the shared bogies, each coach has a coupler 'prong' fitting into a rectangular hole in the coach end. The 'prongs' have an open half-rond end which clip fits over the post in the centre of the bogie. The prongs are angles but all are the same. On one coach the prong will be angled down and on the other coach, angled up so that the two prongs cliping to one bogie will sit one above another.

Does this help at all?

DaS

Reply to
emudas

I have just realised that I have the body and underframes for the 'two extra coaches' that Hornby made available but my component parts, bogies etc are for the main 4 car set so I don't have the right bits I reckon. Thanks for you help.

Reply to
SquiddlyDiddly

You need 2 'standard' bogies (with male/female couplings) and 1 pivoting bogie I think!

Many of these on sale on eBay. Search on 'Eurostar'

Best of luck

DaS

Reply to
emudas