Prototype Info sources?

I am currently writing up the station at Hale on the Altrincham to Chester line in mid Cheshire. This is intended to help modellers and I would like to offer some detail on the traffic on the line, both passenger and freight. What I have so far is currently at . . .

If anyone can offer any suggestions as to where I might look for information on the trains actually run, locos and associated rakes, traffic flows to and from lineside industries and the like I would appreciate any pointers. I have read what I could find but so far I have little detail of this type

TIA

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

As an example of the sort of thing I have found but been unable to decypher, anyone care to suggest what loco this might be?

Thats the best yet, it is also in their book of the Village in pictures.

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Oops sorry - click on the link to 'Origins of the society' - thats where the picture is.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith