Hornby X8246 Motor Supplier

Hi I'm about 35 years out of date when it comes to buying Hornby spares, can anyone tell me the best (cheapest) place to buy a X8246 motor for the neighbours son's "Thomas" ?

Reply to
Keith Lanham

In message , Keith Lanham writes

I can tell you of _a_ place, but I have absolutely no idea if it is the best or the cheapest, and I have no intention of finding out.

East Kent Models

89 High Street Whitstable Kent Tel 01227 770777
Reply to
John Sullivan

FWIW I've bought from East Kent Models and their spares service was top rate, as far as any future spares requirements I may have they will be my first stop ... whether they are the cheapest or not I don't know.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

You could also try Model Spares in Burnley....their advert used to appear in Railway Modeller.....this busines is/was up for sale but don't know the present status. Colin.

Reply to
Colin Meredith

Model Spares in Burnley have the motor listed in the latest Model Rail.

X8246 Terrier Motor with Worm £3.95

P&P is £2

Contact them on 01282 771109 (Mon/Tue/Wed 8.30-5 Fri 8.30-1)

I have no connection with Model Spares other than as a previous satisfied customer. It may be worth your while to get hold of Model Rail 57 July 2003 and look at their advert because it is packed with goodies, almost anything Hornby that you could want, spares wise and more.

They offer pretty quick mail order service, as long as you are explicit about what you want.

HTH, Chris.

Reply to
Chris Rogers