I see the "Nose" is back"!

Found by accident when reading the Class 153 thread on RM Web.

For what it's worth I was aware of the shortcomings in the Hornby model (including some that Steve Jones hasn't mentioned) and can easily live with them. My biggest concern is the cost of adding a sound chip, approx 1.5 times that of the original model!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

not yet a must have. Anyway doesnt compare with Tot yelling 'chuff chuff'.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

On 12/02/2009 22:57, kim said,

Same here, and it's still a lovely model! This guy never seems to be happy with anything, but his still of writing can be quite amusing. I liked his coverage of the snow in his area!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

"kim" wrote

My feelings exactly, but Steve does have a point in that it's as easy to get things right as it is to get things wrong. After all getting it right only involves following the prototype, getting it wrong involves redesigning! :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

(Smiley noted)

That's not completely true, now I'm not saying that the errors in the above model have been caused by this but, tooling or injection moulding restrictions can cause problems at the design stage and whilst it's possible to get over many problems doing so might actually push the design/tooling costs beyond were even the break-even point can be achieved in expected sales - 'pushing the envelope' always costs money.

Reply to
Jerry