joining diecast metal

I am working on a project where I need to join two pieces of diecast metal together. I know that this stuff doesn't join too well, but can anybody
recommend an adhesive for making such joints? It won't be under any load or stress.
Thanks
Stu

or
Araldite
--

All the best,

Chris Wilson
Stu wrote:

I would drill and pin!. Use the stub of a small broken drill bit for the pins if you have nothing else suitable. Alternatively, screw a brass plate across the join.
Regards, Greg.P.
"Stu" wrote

or
Depends upon the surface area to be joined. If there's a reasonable flat area on both pieces then superglue will probably do the trick.
John.
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 20:50:37 +0000 (UTC), "Stu"
Stu,

If the joining surfaces are clean, I would try some 24 hour Araldite. Leave the metal in a warm place (top of radiator, close to a light bulb) to speed up the hardening process. Araldite works very well with a rough surface, so it helps the adhesion if you score or scratch the surfaces to be joined. If they are two broken bits of diecast metal which will have very rough surfaces, then that would be ideal.
Jim.