Lenz booster

Sorry of this is already well known or documented, but if I add a booster amp to my Lenz DCC system do I need to isolate the sections it powers or can it simply be coupled to the other end of the same track as the main amp?

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

It must be isolated.

You can't (shouldn't) connect two boosters to the same piece of track.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

OK, thought so, thanks. Trivial to do, so no biggie. I guess it can handle the brief short caused by a loco passing over the gap.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

It should be able to.

You probably need to connect the second booster to a specific connection on the first, rather than merely daisy chaining it from the first boosters track output. This is so that the signal delays from the command station are equal through the two boosters and the track signals are as closely in phase as possible. It's nothing like as bad as a power to ground short.

I'm sure Lenz provide wiring instructions on how to do this.

I'm assuming the new section doesn't form a reverse loop or wye, etc.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

In message , "Just zis Guy, you know?" writes

Don't know if you've bought this yet but it may pay you to join the NMRA

- there *significant* savings on Lenz products for members. e-mail me for details.

Reply to
Mike Hughes