Micro trains ( couplings) for N gauge

Who in the UK will supply Micro Trains. I understand that they use a coupling similar to Kadee but for n gauge I would like to fit them to Farish stock
Has anyone used these couplings and how was the outcome Thanks Paul
Osbournes Models of Abingdon stock the Microtrains couplings. They are very nice units - close coupled that stretch out on corners. We're planning to include them with the forthcoming Class 325 kit.
Have a look at: http://www.mrsecure.com /
Regards, Adam Warr www.electrarailwaygraphics.co.uk
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 10:56:41 GMT, "Adam"

Would help if there was something there on Microtrains! Keith
Make friends in the hobby. Visit <http://www.grovenor.dsl.pipex.com/ Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.
Oops...I see Maurice is still updating his site. It's worth dropping him an e-mail next week when he gets back from his hols, as his shop stocks anything N Gaugey...
--
Regards,
Adam Warr, Peterborough UK

MT and Kadee were the same company, lo these many years ago. The two brothers went their seperate ways, one took the HO side of the business (Kadee) and the other the N and Z side (Micro Trains). It's no accident they're similar. ;)
Over here in the US they're the defacto standard for N scale, and many manufacturers are now using them or a compatible coupler instead of that huge Rapido coupler on N scale equipment. Many US clubs _require_ them on all equipment operated on the club layout. There are both truck mount and body mount versions in several different lengths and vertical displacements, as well as versions to replace the Rapido style coupler in the same pocket.
There are two schools of thought on the "air hose" that provides magnetic delayed coupling. Some folks love it, and scatter uncoupling magnets around the layout to make for hands-free operation. Other hate 'em and cut them off or just don't put them in when assembling them, and use a bamboo skewer for uncoupling. (The body mount couplers without trucks (bogies) are available either pre-assembled or in kit form.) I buy the kits - it's not that hard to assemble them, and it sames some $$... or , in your case.
See the MicroTrains web site at:
http://www.micro-trains.com /
Click on their "Find a Dealer" link at the top of the page, then scroll down to "International". They list a number of dealers in England, and one in Scotland.
--

Joe Ellis

The 2004 coupler is worth a look - its underslung which meand the shank is lower that the knuckle, useful for getting below bufferbeams. The downside to Micro Trains couplings is the lack of an electromagnet uncoupler as fixed magnets require plastic wheels.
Mike Parkes snipped-for-privacy@mphgate.removetoreply demon.co.uk
On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 14:13:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@mindspring.com (Joe Ellis) wrote:
Joe,

Probably shows my age but I've got an original packet of the Kadee N scale couplers in my workbench :-)
Maybe I should put them on Ebay and make my fortune :-)
Jim.

I've got several. I thought they were the same as MicroTrains couplers.
--
John Sullivan
OO in the garden http://www.yddraiggoch.demon.co.uk/railway/railway.html

MG sharp in sheffield. http://www.mgsharp.com/Microtrain_Couplers.htm