Minitrix Britannia set

My aunt has asked me to find out what her late husband's Minitrix N Scale Britannia set might be worth. Apparently it is in a wooden box and has 4 or

5 carriages. it has never been run

Any ideas folks?

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

No idea - but I find I am drooling!

Reply to
Mike Smith

"mindesign" wrote

Difficult without knowing whether the wooden box was original Minitrix or whether it has been added after purchase of the individual items. There's no such 'set' listed in Ramsey's Guide, but for genuinely unused items I think you could sell the loco for around GBP80.00 and the individual coaches (assuming they are BR Mk1s) for say GBP8.00 each here in the UK.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Although it's in the US it might be worth keeping an eye on the following ebay item.

Nigel Emery

Makes you wonder who writes thye rubbish in the 'Historical Presentation' Keith

Reply to
Keith

A lot of British models were sold by Model Power in the US as part of special edition sets. I bought one at a show for peanuts, consisting of an Airfix Castle and Centenary coaches. The blurb described it as "The Royal Castles - the train that won the war".

They also did a set with a Royal Scot and LMS coaches, among others.

Model power was a very low end brand that came out of the same factory in China as Airfix and obviously had access to their stuff.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Christopher A. Lee" wrote

Not wishing to be pedantic, but wasn't Airfix (GMR) a product of Hong Kong rather than China?

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I've also seen a similar presentation box with Minitrix LNER A4 4498 "Sir Nigel Gresley" and blue/grey BR Mk1 coaches. I don't think these were done for the British market, as they pop up on eBay UK from time to time.

ISTR they normally fetch about =A3100-=A3150.

Adam Warr

Reply to
Adam

Possibubbly.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

"Adam" wrote

If that's the case, it would probably be worth splitting the set and selling the components individually.

John.

Reply to
John Turner