More from Warley

Reposted from

----- Original Message ----- From: "Simon Martin" Subject: Re: [demodellers] Latest from Warley

Just got back from a very crowded Warley (with bags full of goodies). > > Saw the Live Steam Mallard race off around the layout on Hornby's stand, to > hit something in between the rails near the controller, and make a very loud > clonk before turning 90 degrees across the tracks with steam spewing out and > the front wheels broken off - right in front of a huge crowd. Oops. To make > it worse a spare, that the person demonstrating it took out from under the > table, seemed to take longer than usual to get to the required heat in the > boiler, and you could see the "please work... please ground just open up > below me..." panic and fear on his face. Don't think it'll be quite the > success that they're maybe hoping. > > Bachmann stand was the usual Bachmann thing - crowds several deep (although > most stands/layouts were) and lots of people trying to be at the front, just > to find there wasn't much left worth being at the front for... do they get a > lot of returned ke**les, or had all the modern stuff gone? > > N gauge 170 in SWT livery in the Bachmann Farish display cases looked very > nice - enough to tempt me to also have a bit of N gauge track - maybe I > could run it around the base of my pc monitor?! ;o) How far off being > released that is though I dread to think, seeing as Bachmann have had the > latest 2 car 170's in OO promised for ages, and they're still not > released... weathered CT 170 was on display (seems to be the same as at the > Toy Fair earlier this year, with the phone number instead of website address > on the side) but no sign of the Anglia 170 anywhere. Don't suppose anyone > on here got to find out the planned release dates? I didn't see a poster up > this time with their estimated dates. > > Heljan's stand opposite seemed to have quite a bit to see (drawings for the > future locos), although I'm only really interested in the more modern stuff, > but it's nice to see they've got quite a plan of UK stock for the coming > years... and alongside Heljan they had a sideshow of hop-along Sutton on the > REx stand ;) > > Seemed to be quite a lack of modern image layouts - something that I seem to > remember from last year. Other than that, not much else to add from what > Gareth emailed last night. > > Simon
Reply to
John Turner

Just like the real LNER stuff then, one fast run and knackered! They should have modelled it on a Duchess!

Reply to
piemanlarger

"piemanlarger" wrote

You forgot the *smiley* from the end of that silly comment Si! ;-)

Not that I'd really argue with you. Duchesses were fine loco's, marred only by the need for two firemen to get the maximum performance out of them. :-)

Real case of horses for course, the LMS WCML was much heavier graded and had more servere curvature than the LNER's ECML, therefore cart horses rather than race horses were the order of the day!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Oh thats cruel..................true but still cruel.

Reply to
jimedvic

piemanlarger

Does that mean that we can expect Hornby to produce an RTR Ivatt Atlantic soon ? :-)

-- Enzo

I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.

Reply to
Enzo Matrix

In message , John Turner writes

Maybe they should have been built with mechanical stokers!

Reply to
John Sullivan

"John Sullivan" wrote

Some BR Standard 9Fs were, but if I recall correctly the stokers were not very successful and fell into disuse.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Until they started using a GWR inside big-end in BR days.

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee