N Guage Goods Shunting

I have read that shunting yards set in n-gauge are not very realistic and
are much better in OO and that N is best left to long rakes set in
countryside. I'd appreciate your views on that one as I am about to embark
on a layout in the New Year, obviously choice of gauge is important.
Reply to
Mickey
Scale speed is one draw back to realism. But the fun level is still there, even if the range of short Wheel base Locos are Limited
Reply to
Trev
No, quality of N running depends on your choice of locos, the controllers you employ and your track laying accuracy.
Its easier to get an OO layout to shunt smoothly. Its possible in N (and its quite normal in 2mm finescale).
- Nigel
Reply to
NC