(Off topic) A message to all our Canadian members

Happy Thanksgiving for tomorrow.
Reply to
John Sullivan
Thanks for remembering us.
Happy Bonfire Night for the fifth of November.
Reply to
MartinS
Thabks John. And a cracking good Guy Fawkes Night on the Fifth of November. Mike in BC
Reply to
Michael Gray
Ditto.
Ditto again.
-- Cheers Roger T.
of the Great Eastern Railway
Reply to
Roger T.
Happy Easter to everyone on Easter island :o)))
All the best Steve
Reply to
The Parkys
"Michael Gray" wrote
You've all forgotten Halloween! ;-)
John.
Reply to
John Turner
"John Turner"
I thought Hallowe'en was a fairly recent import from North America and not a 'real' UK 'holiday'. There definitely wasn't a Hallowe'en when I lived in the UK in the 1960s. AFAIK, Hallowe'en is a North American invention to make up for the loss of Guy Fawkes night.
-- Cheers Roger T.
of the Great Eastern Railway
Reply to
Roger T.
!?!. There was in the 1950's... candles in turnips and all that...
Nah!, thats that awful trick and treat nastiness you're thinking of.
Reply to
K.D.Balderson
In article , John Turner writes
Round here(1) they've forgotten Guy Fawkes Night. The big bonfire and fireworks do (Sat 2nd Oct) is being advertised as a "Ghosts and Ghouls spectacular". Not a gunpowder rebel in sight.
(1)Bury St. Edmunds.
Reply to
Chris Brown
Roger,
You couldn't have lived in Scotland :-) As kids we went out 'guisin' (disguised, dressed up) with out tumshee (suede turnip) lanterns. Lord knows how old the tradition is, but it's been around for a very long time in Scotland.
Top of this page.
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
Sat. 2nd Oct? Do you mean Sat. 1st Nov??
Reply to
MartinS
In message , John Turner writes
If only we could!
Reply to
John Sullivan
In message , Chris Brown writes
They're advertising that a bit early, aren't they? Saturday 2 October is 11.5 months away!
Reply to
John Sullivan
In article , Mart>> John Turner writes
You're right. Blame it on the time warp.
Reply to
Chris Brown
Hmm, here in NZ we still celebrate the attempt to blow up the British Parliament ;-)
Regards, Greg.P.
Reply to
Gregory Procter
Just imagine the party if the plotters /had/ blown up every politican in the country :-)
Reply to
Arthur Figgis
Nahh, the US would probably have been a part of the Commonwealth - playing with history is dangerous territory!
Reply to
Gregory Procter