Old kit..

Bought a Stuart Reidpath 00 4F yesterday, does the white metal contain uranium ? Recon if can get it going it could pull a full sized 10 ton PO wagon :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

......... does the white metal contain uranium ? NO ! Things like tin, lead, zinc and cadmium plus a few others which I can't remember. The mix depends on things like furnace temp and the casting of fine details.

You like a challenge then ?

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Forgot the clue to my confusion....modern WM kit of similar size - Gem George 5th - loco only wieghs 250g, this 4F hits max of 500g with a thud. So well more than 500g.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon