OT - Diwana invite

You are a warmongering greenie?

Reply to
Graeme Wall

There is one episode of all the soaps I'm really looking forward too. This will be the one where all of Ramsey Street and the other Antipodean soaps win tickets to see the London Olympics, together with Coronation Street and Hollyoaks. Casualty, Holby City and Country Doctor will be seconded to provide medical cover and all the Emmerdale people will be bussed down to help with hospitality, and The Bill and the Holby policey thing will be on security. All will be put up with people in Walford (Eastenders), as there will be no hotel rooms left. On the evening before the opening ceremony at the half-built stadium there will be a huge party in the square, which every single charater, past and present, will attend. At it's peak they will suffer a tragic nuclear accident which will wipe out all the characters and contaminate all the sets permenantly, leaving no possibily of any survivors, even those just taking a shower.

The we can have Bugs Bunny cartoons instead to cheer us up, instead of being depressed on all levels by these tragically naff shows. Only a pity we have to wait so long. The Sulivans alone are left to remind us of just how bad things can get and fill in the Saturday evening ITV slot as they are funnier than Ant & Dec ;-)

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Are any pubs still anywhere?

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

More a warmongering pacifist, but I do tend towards greenism in an industrial sort of way!

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Will Coro Street survive? I haven't seen Enna Sharples and Mini Caldwell in a while, are they still drinking their milk stouts? (I don't watch it regularly)

Reply to
Greg Procter

Well, they're just sort of propped up in a corner these days.

Ken Barlow with his half-pint and Emily Bishop with her sweet sherry are still going strong, though.

Reply to
MartinS

Saw Ken Barlow in a first class carraige of Euston Manchester train as I was walking along the platform towards the exit stairs at Nuneaton. Quickly turned away in case anyone realised I'd recognised him.

Isnt that Ena !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Not sure I've seen it written since I learned my alphabet. ;-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Well, thanks a lot.

Now you have spoiled it for the rest of us

I will just have to make do with my old videos of Albion Market

Reply to
crazyh0rse1

I'm sure there was a Walter Wall Carpets in NE England not so long ago. Seen today on the side of a large vehicle in Durham:-

The Durham Company Our business is picking up

Reply to
Graham Thurlwell