Hornby Schools Tender

I've just tried to remove the cast metal base of an early Hornby Schools tender so that I could replace the traction tyres. Despite following the instructions on the service sheet, I couldn't pop the chassis block out and landed up destroying the connecting pin and breaking some of the fine detail off the tender chassis. Has anyone ever managed to separate these two parts of the tender, or did I just have a bad one?

I'm reluctant to try and get new parts if I'm going to land up breaking something everytime I try and replace the traction tyres. :(

Reply to
Gerald H

"Gerald H" wrote

They're a real bugger to dismantle. Certainly never designed with maintenance in mind. I now resort to fitting traction tyres with the underframe still in place, but that's not easy either.

John.

Reply to
John Turner