Ping everyone - quick headcount

Same here.

Reply to
MartinS

I expect you are locked in the icy grip of winter up there in Northern Ontario. No snow yet in balmy Southern ON, but I'm sure it's on the way.

Reply to
MartinS

No actually, we had a couple cm of snow and -4C this morning, but by early afternoon it was just barely 0C. Until late last week, we've had a mostly "English winter": cool/cold, rarely below freezing, rain, occasional fog, odd bursts of sunshine, and either no wind or the kind that slices right through you.

Happy Christmas To All!

Wolf K.

Reply to
Wolf K

Iain,

Still around :-) Modelling the Caledonian in S scale at the moment - nearl;y got all the track down on a new layout - just starting a locomotive scratchbuild.

Greetings.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

I'm still around.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

I'm here too... read often, post not often at all...

-- Rod

Reply to
Benny

In message , Chris Wilson writes

Still reading. Playing with 0 gauge tinplate, so not a lot to add to discussions regarding DCC, Heljan etc., but reading anyway :-)

Reply to
News

Now theres an odd combination, either are not exactly common, but both together :-) Do enjoy reading about the loco scratchbuild, do admire those that do it, presume you don't have much choice ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Simon,

Don't have much choice :-) Although there are a few etched brass loco kits around in S scale but these are usually "bare" kits with no bits like castings, so you finish up doing a lot of scratchbuilding of the details in any case. :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Been around since before the start :-). Not using Newsgroups anything like as much as I used to.

- Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Cliffe

ditto

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Still lurking... occasionally!

Reply to
Jerry

Well that all depends on how *others* treat me, if some one calls me a "shovel" I tend to call them a "shovel" in return!

Reply to
Jerry

Result! All we need now is John Turner and one or two others and the gang will be all here.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Wonder if he still has his shop? Too far for me ever to visit but occasionally saw some of his stuff on that famous auction site.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

When want something from Bachmann, will ring him. Speeking of which the 3F looks nice - too nice. Saw it at GC a few weeks ago, question is can I weather it just right to make it look as simple and basic as the Hornby 4F - which think does look right. Speaking of which GBP80 - theyre having a laugh :-) Will stick to Airfix body Comet chassis and Wills ones.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Yes John still has the shop! Also still regularly posting pictures to Flickr:

Regards

Nigel

Reply to
Nigel Emery

He is quite active on the 7mm scale Yahoo group - tried to get them to stop top posting recently - lost cause on that group. :-)

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

Hm, I tried that last year and got my wrist slapped.

Still reading most days and posting as anything to say. Not as active as it used to be, like usenet generally.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Hi Chris,

I read this group occasionally, and have posted a couple of times.

Reply to
James G