Problem

Hi, Does anyone else have problems with tiscali Newsgroups? Even if I resubscribe to the newsgroups I use they do not update. The last date for items on this newsgroup is 23rd March for example. Is this them or me? I use Microplanet Gravity as a reader I am using a free newsgroup server to post this. Sorry if this is a bit off topic regards Moggie

Reply to
John

This sort of thing happens when the numbers in your .newsrc file get out of step with your provider's - usually after they have restored something and their high number is now lower than yours.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

If that happens you can try re-retrieving all messages.

Reply to
MartinS

For read-only, news.readfreenews.net requires no authentication.

Reply to
MartinS

In Outlook this is done by a reset of the local file. But dont know in your reader.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Which can be painful on a high volume newsgroup.

Sometimes you can edit your .newsrc file to show a lower high number.

Reply to
Christopher A.Lee

In XNews, highlighting the group and pressing Ctrl+F9 removes the list of read messages. Ctrl+Enter then allows you to select a range of headers you want to retrieve.

Reply to
MartinS

Christopher A.Lee wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

With xnews you can tell it how many headers to download etc etc damned god value for money (free!)

Reply to
Chris Wilson