Programming decoders

Hi Guys
Bit new to this hobby and I've just got a gaugemaster Prodigy Dcc controller. I would like to programme an 0 6 0 tank engine for realistic
running.
I've been through the book with the controller and found the settings instructions. Most of the options seem to suggest entering 3 digits but I've no idea what are sensible values to enter.
Can any body offer values to ST, Acc, del TP etc. What are the CV's ??
Any help really appreciated
Phil
"Phil Thomas" wrote

You need to look at the instructions which came with the loco decoder, all of the CVs should be listed in there. What on earth are ST, Acc, del TP?
John.

These are the prodigy abbreviations for start voltage, acceleration rate, deacceleration rate and top voltage. The prodigy is quite user friendly at the programming level ....
.... well, I like it anyway!
Griff

It would be even friendlier to use abbreviations for accepted terms, rather than make up new terms and then abbreviate them.
MBQ

Well they've been accepted terms to Lenz, Digitrax and MRC and no doubt others for at least the past 5years as I remember. And they seem self explanatory to me. But then that's the beautiful mystery of "Plain English" as spoken in an American accent!
Griff

Since when have Lenz used the term "Top voltage"? Documentary evidence, please! If you look at, say, the LH100 manual you'll find they use different abbreviations. I suspect the same of Digitrax too.
MBQ

Exactly!
John.