railway brick colour?

I have to paint a brick bridge over a track. The original was built in 'Railway Brick', which is a blue colour. What would you recommend from the Humbrol range or Hi Grade acrylic. The serial number would help me a great deal. TIA John

Reply to
john

Looking at the Ibstock brick catalog for an example, I found a selection of Staffordshire Blues. The catalog can be found here

doubt you'll find an exact match in the Humbrol range, but the colour looks to be to be somewhere between Matt Blue Grey (79) and Matt Slate Grey (31). For the brindled bricks, you'd probably want to add very subtle hint of Matt German Camouflage Red Brown (160). The Ibstock site is useful for other brick colours and textures as well.

Cheers Clive

Reply to
Clive Summerfield

"Wonderful plumage!"