Re: Famous People in OO

"Rob K" wrote
I know that Phil Collins and Eric Clapton have layouts, but who else who is
> a celeb. has layouts, and anyone have pics?
Rod Stewart and Pete Waterman. There is allegedly a large model railway
(O-scale?) at Buckingham Palace which was used believe to have been used by
Prince Charles. Whether this still exists is unknown.
John.
Reply to
John Turner
I think there are several US celebs too, but can't think of names atm.
Elton John has an ex-Melbourne tram in his garden.
Reply to
MartinS
John Turner > Pete Waterman
Pete Waterman also has an extensive collection in 4ft 8 1/2 in gauge..... :-)
-- Enzo
I wear the cheese. It does not wear me.
Reply to
Enzo Matrix
who is
Roger Daltrey, Patrick Stewart and Donald Sutherland. Also the late Jon Pertwee.
Cheers David
Reply to
David Bromage
Maybe they should make him an offer...8^)
Reply to
Michael Walker
Hi all,
Wasn't Douglas Bader taken to see it after he was captured? I'm not sure if this meant that Bader was interested in railways or it was Goering showing off.
Alec Issigonis, famed for designing, amongst other, the Morris Minor and the Mini had a garden railway with a base in his garage.
Tony Comber
Reply to
TonyComber
G'day, Bobby Darin. He was featured in the Railroad Model Craftsman. He built live steam HO Locomotives. Thank You Graeme Hearn, P.O. Box 20, Yerong Creek, New South Wales, 2642, Australia. Phone/Fax: 61 2 69 203 726 Mobile: 0412 46 77 65 Email: iron snipped-for-privacy@optusnet.com.au Webpage:
Original Message ----- From: "David Bromage" Newsgroups: uk.rec.models.rail Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2003 6:37 PM Subject: Re: Famous People in OO
Reply to
Graeme Hearn
Frank Sinatra had one of the biggest collections of Lionel trains, Mel Torme was another model railroader.
Hughie Green had a big Fleischmann layout, and was a personal friend of Matt Ascough who used to be the Fleischmann importer.
Reply to
Bernard Victor
"John Turner" wrote Rod Stewart and Pete Waterman. There is allegedly a large model railway
John, et al, I am also led to believe that Jools Holland is a rail enthusiast (Don't know re modelling though!) And I'm not sure if Rick Wakeman is not a closet train fanatic. I'm sure he came and booked a train on our line in about 1997, but it was a private charter on a non working day, so there were few to non in the way of photos'.
-- Andy Sollis CVMRD
- Home of the Churnet Valley Model Railway Department Remove the Standard Tank from E-mail to reply
Reply to
CVMRD
I recall reading an article (in the 50's) about the magician David Nixon's 00 interests.
Reply to
Barry
Don't know but was it "EN" gauge?
Colin Antrobus
Reply to
Colin Antrobus
Not just Lionel. One of his most prized possessions was an incredibly rare Bassett-Lowke P2.
Cheers David
Reply to
David Bromage
One of the pople on my platform looks like Charlie Chaplin after i finished painting him?
ken (sorry :-))
Reply to
Ken Wilson
"Colin Antrobus" wrote in message > >
That would be "Engage" in the the fiddle yard! Or possible "Disengage" ;-)
Reply to
John Pickstock
Michael Palin of Monty Python fame is a big railway buff.
Reply to
IanClarke
Yes, he used to go trainspotting at Sheffield Victoria in the 1950s, and he hosted the British episode of "Great Railway Journeys of the World".
He was at Oxford U. the same time I was (early 60's) - I probably saw him in one of the OUDS revues. I certainly saw some of the skits later on TWTWTW and Monty Python.
Reply to
MartinS
Another model railway enthusiast is Max Stafford-Clarke the theatre director and producer.
An ex-Victors customer !
Reply to
Bernard Victor
But anyone have pics?
Reply to
Rob K
Another full scale modellers was the Disney Animator, Ward Kimball, who also had a jazz band The Firehouse Five plus 2.
Reply to
Bernard Victor