Hyper realistic operation and signalling - Crap track

Indian Railways Training Centre (I think)

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith

Many years ago (very many years ago!) I visited the ex-Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway signalling school at Manchester Victoria station, with my father, who was a member of the Institute of Transport. Having (apparently) behaved myself I was allowed to not only operate one of the signal boxes - under supervision - but also allowed to drive one of the trains. There is a clip on Google of this layout, which has since been dismantled and moved to the York Railway Museum; following refurbishment it is now operated and demonstrated about once a month, I believe. I was also lucky enough to get to know the signalmen at our local station - Pendlebury - where I was also allowed to operate the signals occasionally. Happy days, the Google thread is "Lancashire and Yorkshire School of Signalling" and its current York location is a bit closer than India!

Cheers,

David C

Indian Railways Training Centre (I think)

Cheers

Mike

Reply to
David Costigan