Re: What a week!

Friday was going to be the return trip to Poole (arrangements having

> been made for ankle biters 1 and 2 to attend a craft lesson/activities > at a converted mill nearby) but because of our early departure I never > got back to the shop and the promised exchange of cash for model railway > goods never took place. Well I feel a bit guilty about that, especially > after the time and help offered by the staff I thought I'd give them a > plug here by way of partial recompense. If only I could remember the > name of the shop ... it's at the bottom part of the High Street. Come > out of the back of the Dolphin Centre, cross the pedestrianised bit, > over the level crossing and straight on towards to the quayside. So if > you do find yourself near Poole take my directions and take yourself for > a walk (there's plenty nearby for wives and girlfriends) I'm sure you'll > find it rewarding. > > -- > All the best, > > Chris Wilson > > email to cwilson at britwar dor co dot uk, reply address is spamtrapped. >
The Dormouse Line model railway

The shop I believe you're talking about is Setchfields. They aren't the cheapest (in fact I find they tend to charge full RRP most of the time), but do have a fairly good range of accessories as you've said.

There used to be another model shop called Geoff Barlows, that was across the street (having moved from the top of the high street many years ago when it was redeveloped), and that was what I'd call a proper model railway shop, however with Geoff's retirement it got sold and didn't survive another year I believe.

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

"Ian J." wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@individual.net:

You could be correct however my rare holidays are about the only time I'm actually flush with money so for once price wasn't the determining factor.

Reply to
Chris Wilson