recent addition to Gem locos

What were they - foreign stuff ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

GEM did half a dozen HO German outline locos to fit on proprietry chassis. (Ma, Fleischmann) and at least one complete loco (Prussian P3 2-4-0 passenger loco) I have that last one and it's not too bad although I had to replace some detail parts. K's did a whole string of HO European locos, French, Danish, Swedish, Spanish ... I'd guess at over 2 dozen. I got one K's German loco, but it was pretty crude. I'd quite like to find a few of the really odd ones :-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Picked up a 1966 GEM catalogue at the weekend. Only included a couple of GEM locos but one was the Experiment. was suprised by the ranges carried including Wills, Slaters, Merit, Peco and Humbrol amongst others. Also the range of GEM kit bits including signals and a lot of track components :- points, flexitrack etc.

Got K's as well, full range of kit stuff there (chimneys....) as well as loco kits. No European in either though.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I don't know when either Gem or K's started European kits. In the 1960s model railway stuff from the UK was difficult to obtain here. Generally we were restricted to buying one shilling British postal orders, one per day, so it took forever to get very little. That lasted into the 1980s! I bought a W&H catalogue in the mid 1970s and the GEM kits were illustrated and the K's kits listed. (incomplete list of numbers) Started getting a German mag in 1978 and the Gem kits were advertised by a German retailer, the list wasn't the same as W&H's which is why I wonder if I'm aware of all the models offered. I don't remember _any_ appearing in the Continental Modeller. I guess, give the improvements in detailing and quality, it doesn't matter any more, but I'd like to know. :-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

Been trying to find Autocom (UK) via Google. (presumably the current owner of the K's moulds) Are they not represented on the Internet? Website/email?

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg.Procter

According to this thread you wont ....

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

They are still listed in Issue 112, February 2010 of "Manufacturers and suppliers of 4mm scale products, focusing on the needs of the 4mm finescale railway modeller" see

But it is several years since I last contacted them to get a spare part for a GWR Duke kit.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Dawes

theres a 1980 Keyser catalog on ebay at the moment. Perhaps expensive at least GBP10 but lots of pictures and said to include European models.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon