Railmatch models

Anyone have a phone number for Railmatch Models? I have been trying to order some paint from them, but they have no phone number or postal address on their website, only an e-mail. Tried a couple of e-mails but can't get a reply.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4807 (20100126) __________

dan

Sorry the number is

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4807 (20100126) __________

dan

In article , dan writes

Thanks, Dan.

Don't know whether they saw the question, or it was just one of those things, but in the time between posting the question and seeing this I had an apologetic reply from them - nearly a fortnight after the order and 5 days after a reminder. Nice to have the number in case I need to nudge them again though.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

If you do get through, remind them that the distance selling regulations require them to provide a full geographic address if they sell from their website.

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

In article , " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" writes

Well, I might have missed it, but if you can see one on:

I'd be most grateful. I will point this out to them if I have to e-mail them again. They do sell from this site, but only take PayPal (which I loathe using as it adds another layer of complexity if things go wrong).

Thanks for the thought.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

"David Littlewood" wrote

Railmatch is produced for Howes Models of Oxford; their phone number is

01865-848000.

Contact details as follows:

Howes Models Ltd.,

12 Banbury Road, Kidlington, Oxford. OX5 2BT.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In article , John Turner writes

Thanks John.

However, the Railmatch website makes it quite clear, several times, that they are not Howes Models.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Click "conditions" at the bottom left of the home page. At the bottom of that page: 51 Copperfield View, Leeds, LS9 0BJ

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Damn - I tried the more obvious "contact" page, but never noticed that!

Thanks.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Might be a silly question, but does Railmatch Models actually have anything to do with RailMatch paints, (not different capitalisation) other than just selling them?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Bottom of conditions page: 51 Copperfield View, Leeds, LS9 0BJ

Reply to
Peter James

No

Reply to
Trev

"Paul Boyd" wrote

OK, I now see where you're coming from. Nowt like a bit of confusion to cause a bit of confusion. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If you use google maps to find that address, then use street view, it shows a very interesting location - hard to imagine a bona fide business running from there.

scoot

Reply to
Shane Miles

Looks like a fairly ordinary end of terrace to me.

I think your post says more about your prejudices than Railmatch Models

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

Just a follow-up to my question - the paint finally arrived late yesterday, 3 weeks after I ordered it. The annoying thing was that, for the only time I can recall with a web order, I never received a confirming e-mail after placing the order on 13 January, and have no record of what I ordered and can't even check if it is all there!

I don't think I will be placing any more orders with them.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

Perhaps Howe's where slow to deliver to him :¬)

Reply to
Trev

In article , Trev writes

Indeed - but any well-managed website will show out of stock items as being so.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood