SC 170 Turbostar

This is just a thought...

Having seen some of the SC Turbostars looking resplendent in the dignified SouthCentral livery outside Selhurst Depot earlier today set me wondering.

Any plans for Bachmann to give us the first RTR SouthCentral unit by doing one of their superb 170 models in this paint job?

I reckon that might be a winner, especially if they could be convinced to work out a revised tooling for 377 ends and underframes too! A set of RTR stuff for the Southern Region for once - that'd be good!

Chris.

Reply to
Chris Rogers

They'd need to do a bit more than a new nose, as the 375 is 3m shorter than the 170. Ahter the drubbing Bachmann got from some quarters when the 37 appeared, I don't think they'd try to get away with it!

You could do it by sawing out a window-bay in the middle of a coach but you'd have to be braver than me!

Reply to
Adam Warr