Some pics of possible interest (container cranes)

Had to take the person I care for to the Trafford Centre in Manchester, there is a Containerbase terminal next to the coach park thereof so I beetled over and took a few pics. Not great art (bad light, and I am not a great photographer) but may be of interest as I believe these are similar machines to those in the original Freightliner depots (in particular the old Longsight depot). These are now up at . . .

If you search on the page for . . .

Fig___ Large straddle carrier

That is the first of the pics. Also managed to grab a couple of shots of the EWS Euroterminal crane and the current Freightliner depot crane, both huge. They are below the pics of the older unit.

Has anyone attempted a Freightliner depot on a model. In OO I think you would require a space about twenty five feet long by two feet wide, so somehow I doubt it!

Regards

Mike

Reply to
Mike Smith