Spalding Show

Just got back (I went as a visitor/customer).

Well signposted and loads of parking space.

The display room itself was all on one level and there was plenty of room in the aisles to walk up and down.

Not exactly easy for wheelchairs because of the number of people there, but I did see a couple and at least their needs seemed to have been considered and catered for better than at some other shows I've been to this year.

Only ones to keep making noise during the 2 minutes silence were the very tinies and the parents who were attending to them in an effort to minimise the slight distraction.

A wealth of trade stands and a lot of very inspirational layouts in several gauges and sizes.

I voted "best in show" the knee-high (for me) Drive-The-Train-Yourself circuit which the little 'uns could have a go at for 20p.

Every driver got a good long go and a sweet at the end!

A brilliant way to introduce newcomers into our hobby, I thought.

The look of concentration mixed with delight on the drivers' faces was priceless!

:-))

All in all a great day, capped by my purchase of a Bachmann J72 from another visitor - it made my day...

-- Brian "What's the point in growing up if you can't behave like a kid when you want to."

Reply to
Brian Watson