Steam Locomotive Operation

Thanks for the info.

I tried, and got a "The page cannot be displayed" error.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

I get "connection refused" with Netscape, i.e. the domain exists, but is currently unavailable. I also tried "grosvenor", but got "not found".

Reply to
MartinS

Yes, the servers been off today for some reason, I'll check pipex customer service later, but it seems to be working again now. Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Keith Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

"Keith Norgrove"

Yes, it's now working Keith.

Nice site. That turntable page is also very interesting. A rather simple solution to the turntable drive problem. I've bookmarked the page for use when I rebuild the present Great Eastern.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

My apologies, Roger. :-) I should have written "North American", but I will readily admit that I'm not as familiar with Canadian practice as I am with that of the US.

Yes, I've noticed that in a number of photos, and wondered if that were the case. Thanks for the confirmation!

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton

"Mark Newton"

Australia always struck me as a curious mix of UK and North American practice.

I bet. :-)

Never understood the UK general practice though of letting a boiler go cold and then doing the boiler wash.

-- Cheers Roger T.

of the Great Eastern Railway

Reply to
Roger T.

Australia is a curious place, period...

Although, when I am knee deep in dirty cold water, I fully understand why diesels caught on!

Nor I. It seems to me to be the worst possible way to do the job. Apart from the stress induced by contraction and expansion, the accumulated scale and mud is that much harder to shift when it's cold. And I gather that water treatment at some UK depots was a bit "hit and miss", so there would be plenty of scale and other crud to be gotten rid off.

All the best,

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Newton