Tenshodo & Dcc

Greetings,

I picked up a model of the track recording DMU. It's an MTK kit thats been built and painted by someone with more skills than I have but is fitted with a tenshodo motor bogie with no extra pickups.

How easy would it be to convert this to run on DCC ? I've not yet taken it to bits, just given it a quick test run on DC to check it works. I'd probably look at putting a mac-coder in as there are no lights.

Cheers Jeff.

Reply to
Jeff McGhie

Jeff, It is not easy, I have done it but would not do it again. The problem is breaking the connections to the motor brushes so they can be connected to the decoder. I did it on a model of a NSW CPH rail motor which I built myself. Six months after completion the unit failed, rather than attempt it again I replaced the Tenshodo with a Black Beetle unit which are dead easy to use with DCC. Hope this helps. Regards, John

Reply to
John R B Parker