The best, worthy, ugliest and most purposeful loco treads....

There's always one ... and it's usually Jerry!

Look, not all threads in this newsgroup interest me, but I don't go harping on about it like you do. Just forget about it and read something which interests you!

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

Another thing, Jerry. If you don't like these subjects then why did you feel the need to contribute to them yourself?

Reply to
John Lancaster

Put a sleeper in it Jerry?

Ah, you mean you want us to move on to coaches.......

In that case,

my selections for nicest coaches are:

1) Silver Jubillee Articualted coaches (1935) 2) Pullman coaches circa 1928 3) Gresley Sleeping car circa 1935

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas

  1. Mark 1 SO, any livery
  2. Refurbished Mark 4
  3. Met-Camm Pullman :o)

Now how about wagons? :oD

--

***
*** Updating regularly throughout 2004 Rich Mackin (rich-at-richmackin.co.uk)

SCR...........EAM

Reply to
Jerry.

I responded to the two original threads, but the group seem intent to go through every possible description for diesel and steam traction (no doubt someone will start on the electric's by the time I respond to your message...).

If this group has nothing greater to discuses, the three most popular threads in the last week have been an off topic thread about computer operating systems and two other threads that would probably be more at home on uk.railway !

Reply to
Jerry.

"Jerry." wrote

So what if that's what the *group* wants to do? You're entitled to your opinion and have aired it, now just let those who disagree get on with it.

Anyone got a favourite piece of rail-mounted plant or which Plasser-Theurer tamper/liner is your favourite, or Stoneblower? OK, I was just joking! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Look. It's a hobby. Hobbies touch the soul. People get passionate when you touch subject close to their hearts.

I for one have thouroughly enjoyed fellow modellers comments on why they think such and such is the prettiest/uggliest/best/worst whatever. It's what makes us congregate. I know it gets of topic from the original subject, but each posting flows into the next to give a fantastic tapestry of what lights our fires. And usually lots of tips to boot!

Sorry to hear you aren't getting the same buzz.

Reply to
UncleWobbly

salvé

Unfortunately I dont at present belong to a MR club, however when I did belong to one, these were things which often came up in conversation, ofcourse then it was the prettiest Electric Loco was a D-Lok (Swedish loco with bodywork made of varnished mahogony...really really pretty!) seeing as I live in Sweden......! however this is a place for model-railway enthusiasts and surely therefore we have a right to discuss the completely on topic subject as to which of the locos at one time in existence or even still in operation (D-loks with steel bodies are still at work here :) .....) are our favourites and why . In any case until soemone decides that we cant I for one will ask other enthusiasts for these opinions and others. Beowulf

Reply to
Beowulf