Meridian Models

Does anyone know how to get in touch with Meridian Models, short of pen and paper and stamps? Their catalogue has no phone number, their fax number is unobtainable, their email address appears not to be checked and they don't have a website. The sort of company that exhibits these signs is also the sort of company that ignores SAEs, and I don't really feel like wasting two stamps needlessly. I want to buy something from them!!!!

It amazes me how many of these small traders make it hard for people to buy from them. There are some for whom the business is really a hobby rather than main income, and yet they provide excellent service, and others for whom it is their primary income and yet they provide poor service. There are various other combinations (mostly main income/good service), and I don't know which category Meridian fall into, but it's not looking good so far if I can't even get hold of them to give them my money!

Reply to
Paul Boyd

=> There =>are various other combinations (mostly main income/good service), and I =>don't know which category Meridian fall into, but it's not looking good so =>far if I can't even get hold of them to give them my money!

There's another situation, sadly too common among old firms: old and increasingly decrepit owner-operator....

Wolf Kirchmeir ................................. If you didn't want to go to Chicago, why did you get on this train? (Garrison Keillor)

Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir

True - but I'm 99.9% sure this doesn't apply to Meridian. I do know of at least one manufacturer who this could apply to though.

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Meridian Models is run by a small group of people in their spare time,so it is more of a hobby than a business. But they are not the sort of people that ignore SAEs.As for the email.are you sure you've got the correct address?

Neil.

Reply to
mumbles

OK - I'm happy with that explanation, and it explains why there is no phone number, but not why the fax number is not recognized.

In that case I'll send an SAE. I have never dealt directly with Meridian before, and my comment about the SAEs in my original post is based on general experience, not specifically Meridian.

And yes, I have sent the email to the talk21.com address, exactly as shown in the back of their catalogue, over a week ago.

Cheers

Reply to
Paul Boyd

Try buying it from Parkside Dundas. Lists at

Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

I'll enquire about the fax and email on monday.

Neil.

Reply to
mumbles

Does this imply that you are part of the group of people that run Meridian?

The original question was about a 4mm scale model of a Baldwin diesel I saw at Narrow Gauge SouthWest last month, which I am led to believe was Meridian's new release. I wanted to know if it was, and how much it was?

Reply to
Paul Boyd