Tornado

Does anyone think I should buy Bachmann's Tornado in Works Grey?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

By all means if you plan to model the shed at GCR :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I've no intention of modelling any shed; that's too much like hard work. I like small tank engines pulling long trains, so my layout is just a main line and branch with staging/fiddle yards to represent the start and finish points of a run.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

It's your train set !

Reply to
Keith Patrick

I was hoping someone on here might ask me to buy it for them!

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

You can buy it for me if you want, willing to pretend its a late XMAS present :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

I'd prefer it in green, with a tiny, sweaty, grimy, Clarkson saying "And this is the most modern train in Britain today".

Reply to
bobharvey

I'd prefer it like this....

Christopher A. Lee

That is a fantastic photo.

Reply to
bobharvey

Simon - did you know that Tornado will be on the GCR on 26th/27th/28th of this month?

Reply to
Paul Boyd

It was the last GWR broad gauge locomotive built, in 1888. Withdrawn in 1892 at the end of the broad gauge.

As opposed to the convertibles. How many people know that the famous Dean bogie singles started off as convertible 2-2-2s although only a few ran on the broad gauge?

Reply to
Christopher A. Lee

Knew its there this weekend for the mini gala - along with Leander and standard 4. Might go on the 28th to see Leander, Black 5's and their Jinty again but not so interested in Tornado, have seen it a couple of times already. Hopefully it will be less busy by then. We'll be visiting the Nottingham MRE this sunday.

Thanks, Simon

Reply to
simon

"Jane Sullivan" wrote

I'd sooner have one of the standard BR built A1s, in brunswick green livery just like I remember them as a lad. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

If you do want to buy me one these get a move on as backmann only have about 150 left !

I think the real Tornado should be painted in bright metalic green to highlight is new status.

As for Clarkson .... tie him to the rails and run him over with it.

If you can't give me the Tornado I will settle for the 'City of Truro' ..... we often see the real one being moved along the M1 by low loader.

I think the Bacnmann model looks great in grey ... shows off the detailing verywell.

Chris

Reply to
Dragon Heart