TRIX OO Scale products?

Whether they were H0 or near-H0 or nowhere-near-H0 is irrelevant. They were still 'underscale' by 00 standards. They were also - as a rule - 'modern image' which was another cardinal sin at the time they were marketed.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Don't forget the AL1 Bo-Bo electric - streets ahead of the HD and Tri-ang offerings (which were essentially the same bodyshell with different chassis!).

I used to have some Trix Mk1 coaches (the buffet car in particular was a nice model) which I too found easy to convert to tension lock in order to run them with my Hornby and Lima locos; Commonwealth bogies, too, as a change from the BR1 norm. Shame about the size discrepancy, though.

David Belcher

Reply to
deb107_york

Lima wheels and many older 00 UK RTR models use a back to back less than the often quoted 14.5mm. 14.3mm is the minimum for NEM H0 back to back, 14.38mm is the minimum for NMRA H0. With Martins 00-SF standard you can use wheels with a minimum back to back of around 14.3mm for 30" curves. My H0 fine scale standard tolerates a minimum back to back of around 14.35mm for 30" curves. Martins 00-SF check gauge is 15.15mm, the same minimum limit as the Australian Model Railway uses for their H0 standard. My fine scale H0 standard uses a minimum check gauge of

15.2mm, the same as the H0 NEM. Older UK RTR tends to use a smaller check gauge compared to allot of H0. You can get gauges close to my standard from
can use the NMRA H0 gauge to set wheel back to back to 14.4mm. Ignore the other bits of this gauge.

Terry Flynn

HO wagon weight and locomotive tractive effort estimates

DC control circuit diagrams

HO scale track and wheel standards

Any scale track standard and wheel spread sheet

Reply to
NSWGR