Two questions for Hornby...

1) What was the point of imposing an embargo on the model press then approving the publishing of their future release plans by a rival railway magazine?

2) How did Hornby expect the details to remain secret in this age of the internet when even the Home Secretary's dealings with his w**re are front page news?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I doubt if they really care. We've all been talking about Hornby alll week. Job done !

Pete

Reply to
mutley

Even more pointless if Hornby then publish (even mistakenly) the information on their own web site !

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Have Rail Express been given dispensation to publish before 2005? or is this a breach of trust? If it's the latter, then I'll vote with my wallet and leave it on the shelf in future.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Jim Guthrie wrote:-

Don't be ridiculous.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Adrian wrote:-

According to MREX Mag it's the former so it's the 'other' model railway mags who've been betrayed. Of course it's possible that Rail Express misled Hornby as to their true date of publication.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"Adrian" wrote

If you read Pat Hammond's apology you will see that it implies that REx were given approval by Hornby to publish.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote:-

But not necessarilly *before* 1st January. That remains to be seen.

Pat also said there was a danger of Hornby not revealing their plans in future. Well if it's a choice between wildly misleading and innacurate information and none at all I prefer the latter.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Everybody finds out eventually once their catalogue is published or, failing that, when the models are released. What's all the fuss about? Does it really matter if and when they tell us what's coming out? It's only a week for goodness sake!!! Besides, we still have to wait for these models to be released at some point over the coming year!

Cheers, John.

P.S. Happy Christmas!

Reply to
John Lancaster

No one has betrayed anyone, if Hornby want to give Rail Express an exclusive then that is their business - all this huffing is doing is showing that some seem to have a dose of sourer gripes....

Get a clue.

Of course it's possible that Rail Express misled Hornby

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

The only reason there could be is if a competitor was able to change their own announcements / production plans as to what they are release in the coming year.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

...Jerry... wrote:-

We don't know yet if they did and if they did it is very much the 'business' of the model railway press.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

If they did then it's Hornby's business and no one else's other than the people Hornby gave the exclusive to.

Could it be that Pat got miffed because he didn't get the exclusive, considering his apparent money making relationship with Hornby in the past.....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

There was not ample proof. There was email evidence that someone in his office had speeded up the process. Blunkett resigned because of this. That doesn't make him a crook. As for lying to the House, can you remember exactly what you did eighteen days ago, far less eighteen months ago.

I think it unfortunate that you have brought politics onto this newsgroup, especially in such a slanderous way.

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

...Jerry...wrote:-

The model railway press is in the business of reporting news about model railways. Rail Express is not, except as a sideline.

Pat had the story and chose not to publish it. I suggest you read a recent copy of Rail Express to see who currently has the money making relationship with Hornby.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

And what has that got to do with the price of fish ? If Hornby wants to give their exclusive to the 'Womans Own' magazine that is their business and no one else's...

Short on comprehension I see, look up the word 'past' !

Yes, like others Pat has the story, on the understanding that he can only publish it on or after 1st Jan 05, that has nothing what so ever to do with any other arrangement Hornby and another party have entered into QED.

As I said original, find a clue before slagging off how a company does THEIR business.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Merry Christmas one and all.

Cheers Roger T.

Home of the Great Eastern Railway

Roger T.

The phrase that springs to mind when I read your outpourings is "Let him without sin cast the first stone".

Jim.

Reply to
Jim Guthrie

...Jerry... wrote:-

The embargo was a two way agreement. The model press withheld the information on the understanding that no-one else would reveal it. That agreement has ben broken either by Hornby or by Rail Express. There is now no reason why the model press should honour such agreements in future.

Rail Express sells exclusive versions of Hornby products in order to generate income. MREX mag does not.

We don't if Hornby has entered into any other arrangement with any other business.

See answer immediately above. I don't know how Hornby or Rail Express have conducted their business on this occasion so cannot possibly 'slag them off'.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

How do you know it was a two way agreement?

It may just be that Hornby invited a handful of model journalists along and said you can have this information providing ........................... and then said something else to REx. If you don't know the facts Kim, why speculate?

John.

Reply to
John Turner