MREmag - editor's apology

I felt this needed a separate thread in case anyone would miss it in the original thread.

From

today:

"Yesterday we referred to the embargo placed on information prior to it being given to the model railway press on Monday 14th December. We all received that information knowing that the public were very keen to receive it but knowing in advance that it could not be released before 1st January. Whether you agree with Hornby's stance on secrecy is immaterial. If you don't respect that trust you cannot expect Hornby to give advanced notice in the future. This means that magazines cannot publish the full story for you as early as you might wish. We understand that the news was announced in advance of the deadline in a recently published issue of Rail Express Modeller, with approval, and not

. Whether or not the latter used the magazine, or the subsequent advanced posting of the information on the Hornby website, as their source, is irrelevant as the website was not the original source of the information as our wording suggested and we unreservedly apologise that this led to some thinking that the site was the cause of the leak. That reference has now been removed."

Well done Pat for making amends.

Cheers, John.

Reply to
John Lancaster

"John Lancaster" wrote

Agreed unreservedly.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well that's it then. Forgive and forget. Kiss and make-up. We'll hear no more about it. (I wish)

kim

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Merry Christmas. :-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

John Turner wrote:-

Thank you for the card and your technical advice over the years. May you and your family have a very merry christmas and may your star continue to rise in the east.

Sincerely, Kim

Reply to
kim