uniform colours

I've bought a couple of engine driver and stoker figures to add to the cabs of my steam engines but before I do that, I'll have to paint them first. Ca anybody tell me what colours to use?

Reply to
Jim Northolland

"Jim Northolland" wrote

Many loco crew wore light grey/blue overalls, to which some added dark jackets in colder weather. Some would of course wear (black) grease-top caps.

John,

Reply to
John Turner

Light blue or grey overalls got that way after several washes and denotes a veteran crew rather than 'rookies'. As such, the effect is still much sort after on preserved lines, together with a battered grease-top hat to complete the effect. :-)

Reply to
jasper_goat