Vi-Trains in Italy ?

My brother-in-law has been on the West coast of Italy recently and I asked him to look out for any bargain Vi-Trains. I don't know if all their Class 37's are for export but any diesel would have done.

He had a good look round for a model train shop and asked around but was told basically he's only get them in somewhere like Rome ?

Don't they run model trains in Italy ?

Reply to
Dragon Heart

Vi trains in italy is more than available, but they sell only italian and some frenche models, the market for UK trains, is reserved fot the uk market, and the UK importer assures that they get only the models, I wonder why????

"Dragon Heart" ha scritto nel messaggio news: snipped-for-privacy@v23g2000prn.googlegroups.com...

Reply to
pinko

I would have been happy with an Italian or French loco.

Bachmann Thomas range is for US market only but you can still get them in the UK !

Reply to
Dragon Heart

"pinko" wrote

I assume the UK importers decided they wanted it that way - it's far better to have a world exclusive product than one shared with other outlets.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Vitrains here in Italy sell what is on their website only, the UK importer has exclusive rights, therfore in Italy they are not available. the Vitains homepage with th models on sale in Italy can be seen here.

Probably what is happening is the same that Lima did when they were an All Italian company, the UK importer required they do not sell direct in Italy UK models, What was not very pleasant in that period was that the models produced with the UK importers requirements were with the Lima G engine and not the cardanic versions that were mounted on the Eu models. the price on the otherhand for these "exclusive" models for the UK market in many cases more expensive that the better motorised Eu model trains....

"pinko" ha scritto nel messaggio news:4715e96a$0$17952$ snipped-for-privacy@reader1.news.tin.it...

Reply to
pinko

US and Canada market!!!

Following recent discussions on Hornby and Bachmann Thomas "scales", I noticed today that Bachmann Thomas sets are labelled as "HO Scale".

Bachmann also has the licence for Harry Potter trains in US and Canada, but I believe they use OO moulds from Bachmann Europe.

Reply to
MartinS

Yes, IIRC they use the old split chassis modified Hall painted red, and the old ex mainline Mk1 coaches, with little 'pips' visible on the lower bodywork where the chassis located onto the bodywork. Mind you a couple of years back some US eBay sellers were flogging 4 new Harry Potter sets for 120 bucks total plus postage, I was sorely tempted, but could be bothered in the end :-/

Reply to
airsmoothed