Weathering Question

Er, I fear you have gone off tack there a bit - we were having a tounge in cheek diesels vs steam thing.

Cheers Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

So it's 1.45 acres. Still bigger than mine.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

garden

You forgot to mention the boiling mud lake, mountain and 20 million sheep that you have to share with!

Regards

Reply to
Sailor

You still beat me for such access by about a days travel!

Regards

Reply to
Sailor

Oh well, my first house and property was about 4.5m x 70m - we've moved up a little. By the time I've got a new 128m2 house, 84m2 garage, 35m2 workshop and

75m cottage converted to my art gallery I'll have an average New Zealand value (home) property in the country 30Km from a small city. I've planned it that way. Sadly I couldn't do it near a model shop.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

garden

LOL! You've taken regionally limited features and bundled them together. Sort of like bundling London commuting, the Moors and US nuclear airforce bases all in Wales. I'm sure there must be a sheep aroun here somewher, but I haven't seen one in years! Mountain??? Well, what we count as a small hillock you'd probably consider a huge mountain.

Reply to
Greg Procter

garden

I live 100Kms from the Swiss Alps, anyway if a Yank can ask if I know someone who lives in Lunnon then I can bundle all your Islands together (purely for modelling purpoes of course!)

Regards

Reply to
Sailor

garden

Of course you can - and I can laugh! ;-)

Reply to
Greg Procter

Weve got 1 heritage ex LNWR line 10 minutes away that has a wonderful museum of signal box equipment and the best bacon butties as well as ice cream. Then GCR about 30 mins away. So as well as Thomas in various guises weve seen (only the LMS highlights here) black 5, 8f, 4f and G2. B1 Mayflower as well. Thats just in the last 2 years and I'm sure theres more to come.

Promised his nibs that I'm going to Butterly soon - 45 mins ? - to see the Midland Compound.

oh, think am onto a winner here.

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Er... excuse me thats got to be one of the best answers you will hear on the romance of steam vs a set of boxes.

You may thank me later. :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Yeah, you've certainly got more BR locos nearby than I have - OTOH I'm ahead on New Zealand locos!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Sorry if am arrogant about access to locos that ran on LMS metals, it just didnt occur that anyone would say anything about there local ones.

BR - yes there is the 2MT at the GCR and I missed Oliver Cromwell but expect it will be back. :-)

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Simon,

While I admire your desire to drool all over the Midland Compound - an entirely understandable and honourable feeling, in my view - I think you will find that No 1000 has recently moved to the Engine House at Highley (I think) on the Severn Valley railway. Suggest you check with either Butterley or the Severn Valley before setting off - I would not want you and/or his nibs to be diappointed.

Hope this helps,

David Costigan

Reply to
David Costigan

Thanks David, thats most kind. Perhaps we should go there anyway to see the Princess - do you know how long she will be there ?

Any chance of them moving the SVR to other side of Birmingham to save us a few miles ?

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

Can both of you you _please_ trim the quoted text when you follow up ? See, for example, `How and why to quote properly'

Ian Jackson

Promised his nibs that I'm going to Butterly soon - 45 mins ? - to see the Midland Compound. think am onto a winner here. Cheers, Simon

Simon, While I admire your desire to drool all over the Midland Compound - an entirely understandable and honourable feeling, in my view - I think you will find that No 1000 has recently moved to the Engine House at Highley (I think) on the Severn Valley railway. Suggest you check with either Butterley or the Severn Valley before setting off - I would not want you and/or his nibs to be diappointed. Hope this helps, David Costigan

Thanks David, thats most kind. Perhaps we should go there anyway to see the Princess - do you know how long she will be there ?

Any chance of them moving the SVR to other side of Birmingham to save us a few miles ? Cheers, Simon

Simon,

Sorry, can't answer the question on "Lizzie". (And can't help with the move of the SVR, either!)

David C

Reply to
David Costigan

Sorry, am so impressed with what I've written that find it difficult to cut anything out. Then have to leave other contributors bits in for comparison. This way it will be a lot less work for me when turn it into a book

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon