Which is correct - GF or Minitrix

In message , Brian Seamens writes

Except, of course, it's scale isn't 2 mm. to the foot, but 1.9 mm. to the foot.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

They ALSO sold them in Britain! ;-)

Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

They never complained about the number sold!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Greg Procter" wrote

Maybe not, but that didn't mean they were any good.

My first excursion into N-gauge was in 1971 and was purely and simply because of the extremely fine Rivarossi for Peco 'Jubilee' loco and the (still) excellent range of Peco goods wagons. Sadly there wasn't much else available, although I think I added a Minitrix 'Britannia' not too long afterwards, along with their rather feeble attempt at a BRCW class 27 diesel (still at least it ran well).

I then recall seeing a Wrenn BR Standard 2-6-4T being advertised. It was purely a marketing exercise by Wrenn of what was my first introduction to a Lima produced model. The thing was a joke. It didn't sit level, and waddled erratically around the track. That was the one and only Lima N-gauge loco I bought as a modeller.

So whilst they maybe didn't complain about the number sold, it would be interesting to see how many 'repeat customers' they attracted. I certainly wasn't one of them.

John.

Reply to
John Turner