Your 'Toy Fair' wish list...

Me, either a LNER L1 and / or more SR EMU stock (on top of that already promised by Bachmann). Also for the Hornby (international) ex Jouef SNCF range to be stocked by more retailers!

Reply to
Jerry

In message , Jerry writes

I'd like the stuff promised by Bachmann to be delivered. Soon.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Mmm. A RTR Quad-Art set would save an awful lot of work (all those fiddly windows to glaze), and would look fine behind your L1, an N2 or Brush Type 2!

Cheers, Francis K.

Reply to
Francis Knight

Are we talking wishful thinking', or likely possibility...?

For me, in the 'wishful thinking' category, I'd have a LSWR 700 class black motor, or an Adams Radial...

In the likely possibility category I'd have a LSWR T9, or an LSWR O2

Methinks there is an LSWR leaning in my choices... ;)

Ian J.

Reply to
Ian J.

Having waited an absolute age for the Fairburn, which, if I recall was supposed to be released about this time last year, I would say that patience is a virtue, and models from bachmann may well be worth waiting for. But, realistic due dates would be really nice!

Reply to
Ian

A selection of low power freight & mixed traffic locos of types that survived until at least the 1950's,

e.g.LMSR ex- L&YR Aspinall 0-6-0, ex-MR Class 2F or 3F 0-6-0 ex-LNWR 0-6-0 or 0-6-2T

LNER Classes J10, J11 or J6. 0-6-0 Class N5 0-6-2T Class C13 or C14 4-4-2T Class A5 4-6-2T

Bevan

Reply to
Bevan Price

In article , Bevan Price writes

Being 'O' gauge I am slightly divorced from proceedings but any pregrouping loco will have to survive well into BR days to match with the available coaches and wagons.

For example:

ex LNWR - Super D 0-8-0 (as preserved by Pete Waterman); perhaps a reboilered Claughton now that LMS coaches are available (I think there was just an overlap)

ex GCR - ROD 2-8-0 suitable also for a certain other railway

ex LSWR - superheated T9. Everybody will buy this loco because it is so, so pretty with the con rods just peeping out from beneath the splashers. (You can tell my favourite loco, I've three of them in 'O' gauge).

I'm sure there was a poll a few years back in one of the mags when the top two locos were the ROD then the T9.

Reply to
John Bishop

Any one of those would be more than welcome there. Well, actually ALL of them would be welcome here :)

Reply to
John Ruddy

Tenders sold seperatetly for LNWR ?

Simon

Reply to
simon

Reply to
estarriol

In message , John Bishop writes

Yes, I'll buy a Super D, but I won't touch a Claughton with a barge-pole.

I'll have one as long as the model is thoroughly Swindonized

Except me

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

"Ian" wrote

I could be wrong, but I thought the Fairburn was newly announced at the beginning of 2006? Whenever, it was certainly worth waiting for!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Jerry" wrote

I'd love a BR(NER) G5 0-4-4T from Hornby to the same standard as their M7.

I'd be more willing to stock the ex-Joueff SNCF is there was sufficient demand from my customers.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Bishop" wrote

ex LNWR - Super D 0-8-0 (as preserved by Pete Waterman); John Bishop

Erm, In actual fact, The NRM preserved it many years ago and failed to look after it by farming it out in the open to the Iron Bridge Museum. Pete Waterman just funded the restoration of it at his own workshops in Crewe (LNWR).

None the less, it is still a fantastic loco to see and hear and I had a great time working on it at the CVR - Sadly, it's first passenger train was infact a funeral service for one of our much loved volunteers !

Reply to
Andy Sollis CVMRD

You could sell me pre-SNCF stock from Jouef!

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Greg Procter" wrote

Thanks Greg, but I don't think one enquiry would justify stocking the Joueff range. ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Don't panic, Jouef only ever (to the best of my knowledge) made a few of their coaches in pre SNCF liveries, in spite of having numerous models which could have been produced in their original liveries - a bit like Tri-ang-Hornby until they (slowly) opened the floodgates with their "Lord of Isles" model. If Hornby ever spots the market opportunity with their French range I'll come asking! Any chance of finding me one of the Electrotren DRG 2 axle post wagons?

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Greg Procter" wrote

Replied off-group.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

or, if you narrowed the time-scale a little, a Baby Deltic, NBL, BRCW and Sulzer Type 2s and possibly even a BTH Type 1.

Reply to
crazy_horse_12002

Doesn't DJH do one?

Reply to