Your 'Toy Fair' wish list...

"Jerry" wrote

They do. I supplied on fully built, painted & lined to a customer a few years back, and quite impressive it was too.

Here's a link to a photo of one of the prototypes from my collection:-

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"John Turner" wrote

Sorry the link should read:-

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Not any more. Their pre-nationalisation 7mm range has also been cut back.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Oh dear, IIRC the last time a kit manufacture did something like that they were on the downward slide (good RTR models have a lot to answer for...), lets hope this is not the case here. :~(

Reply to
Jerry

"kim" wrote

Sorry, it looks like you're right, I should have said: 'They did!'

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I suppose it's too much to hope for a Gresley BG in BR maroon in 2007? I haven't suddenly defected to eastern region as they were used extensively on midland region post 1948. It was quite common to see a rake of Stanier or MK1 coaches with a Gresley BG on the end. There were even entire trains of Gresley coaches pulled by ex-LMS locomotives.

While I'm on the subject, is Bachman's Mk1 BG now the correct length?

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Yes.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , kim writes

I don't understand this question. Bachmann's Mk.1 BG always was the correct length. It's Hornby's Mk.1 BG that was and still is too long.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

I should perhaps have specified "BR maroon Mk1 BG full brake" item #39-176C which was only recently introduced.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , kim writes

What is your definition of "the correct length"? As far as I am aware all Bachmann Mark 1 BG full brakes (and I've got 4 of them) are the correct length. Or are you splitting hairs over the odd half inch or so?

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Thanks John. The one review I found seemed to assume I knew already.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

I mean shorter than a standard Mk1. The last review I read circa 2002 suggested they were not.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

In message , kim writes

OK.

Just goes to show: don't believe everything you read.

I'll shut up (on this thread) now.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

I'd like to see the Lima NS IRM re-released,

They're few and far between, even on ebay.

Craig

Reply to
Craig Douglas