Average price for SA-200 welders?

I posted this earlier but the post didn't show up. Hope it doesn't pop up twice!

A friend wants to buy a SA-200 welder. He's looking at on old machine that I suspect is a "red face" in fair to poor condition but I haven't seen it so it's possibly in fair or better condition.

Asking price is $2500. I've told him I'd consider $1500 - $1800 to be a more realistic price range for a machine that works and that is in fair condition.

Am I mis-informed?

Thanks!

Vernon

Reply to
Vernon

I'd rather spend more and buy one that is in good shape. Fair to poor sounds like a project to me, and by the time you add it all up, you coulda had a V8. (a SA200 in better shape)

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

"fair condition" is too vague a description to put a price on the machine. If it's ready to work, or near ready to work, a red face machine will easily pull in $2500 and should go between $3000 and $4000. Low end without any upgrades, higher end with an electrinic idler. If the engine needs work the price drops considerably. These are simple, reliable machines and if they aren't too far gone it's relatively easy to put one in sound working order. The shops that overhaul and work on the machines are covered up right now. By working order I mean ready to pipeline, that is be capable of running

3/16" 70+ all day 6 or 7 days a week reliably, start in very cold weather and not overheat in very hot weather.

JTMcC

Reply to
JTMcC