Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

TIG Torch - Swivel Head or Flex Head?
I have been TIG welding with a Weldcraft WP-17 torch (air cooled, 150 amps) for about 3 months. I find it awkward for some positions and am thinking about replacing it with a flex or swivel head...
2
2

Millermatic 251 weld start problem??
Been lurking here for a while. Advice from this group's past posts lead me to buy the Millermatic 251 MIG. The 251 replaced a Century 120VAC unit. Obviously this was a big upgrade for me. I am *very*...
12
12

1946 short hood
I just picked up a 1946 short hood and I would like to know is there any way to put an electric starter on it thank u
5
5

Lincoln ranger 8 lost power
I was cleaning with a grinder stopped to hook the tig rig and lost power when I turn the fine adjustment up it bogs the welder like it welding but no output

what happens when a capacitor on a 225g miller bobcat welder quits
What happens when a capacitor on a 225g miller bobcat welder goes bad. What will this make the welder do or not do?

Straightening warped aluminum weldment
Worse yet it is a weldment of *cast* aluminum pieces. Any tips or caveats? Envision a large rectangular (single bowl) kitchen sink made of 3/8" thick cast aluminum. Only each end a separate casting...
4
4

Honda EW171 welder/generator
Hi, Anyone have a wiring diagram for the old EW171 unit? I have a non-electric start model, but only have found a diagram for the electric start unit. Just replaced the engine with a clone, but not...

Hardfacing
Have not done any hardfacing, but looks like I'll be doing some soon. Any advice on how to run it? Hot? Cold? I've seen some very convex beads indicating running it slow and cold. Is there a similar...
5
5

What is adequate ventilation?
So I'm in the process of setting up a small fabrication shop in an extra garage(as a business) and am currently trying to sort out how much ventilation I need. Up here in The Great White North of...
9
9

what's my ol' miller spoolmate 200 with spoolmatic 2 gun -worth-, anyhow? welding aluminum time?
hey guys I'm selling this welder, a miller "spoolmate 200" box that includes the "spoolmatic 1" gun. I've did quite a bit of 'detailing' on it (like it matters, I hope). or maybe it doesn't matter....

Purge button added to Lincoln SP125+
Greetings All, I posted in the Dropbox a text file explaining the circuit changes to and the schematic of the Lincoln SP125 Plus welder in order to add a gas purge button. The files begin with SP125+....
4
4

Looking for advice on homemade spot welder design
(this is a copy of a post made on
37
37

welding stellite to stainless steel
Any comments on welding 316L stainless steel to a stellite casting, what to look for and what to avoid. Robby
3
3

Obsolete Lincoln Idealarc 300/300 tig welder
I'm watching one of these for sale but don't have a Code number. However, after visiting the Lincoln website it looks like all of these machines are "obsolete". The machine is supposedly single phase...
2
2

SIP Migmate spares (UK)
I'm using a SIP Migmate Pro 170DP Turbo for welding aluminium. I have the proper Teflon liner in the (Euro) torch but I am getting faltering wire feeding and occasional poor contact in the tip;...
8
8

Stick welding with high frequency
Miller says to not stick weld with high frequency. I am sure that they are right, speaking from experience etc. Still, I wonder just what are the dangers of doing so, exactly, especially if I could...
7
7

Diametric orbital welding equipment?
Looking to purchase ....curious if anyone has any experience/owns such equipment...aka name brand recommendations? Got about a thousand-some-odd joints of 304 SS Sch 10 piping butt joints to do!...
3
3

Fair price for scrap?
The scrap yard where I have bought some, you guessed it, scrap metal charges me .30 cents a pound for the stuff I bought there. How does this price square with what others pay for scrap? Is this a...
11
11

SIP Migmate Super wiring diagram?
I have an older (15 years??) SIP Migmate Super (made in England) that quit talking to me. It clicks the relay, that's about it. I can trouble shoot it from scratch but a wiring diagram certainly would...
3
3

Small Buzz-Box- need 1/16 and 5/64 E6011- Can't Find Source- Help Please
I bought a Hobby Arc 110 which I am running off of 120 volts. This limits me to 1/16 and 5/64 inch diameter welding rods. My local hardware stores do not have E6011 1/16 and/or 5/64 inch diameter...
4
4