Small Buzz-Box- need 1/16 and 5/64 E6011- Can't Find Source- Help Please

I bought a Hobby Arc 110 which I am running off of 120 volts. This limits me to 1/16 and 5/64 inch diameter welding rods.

My local hardware stores do not have E6011 1/16 and/or 5/64 inch diameter welding rods in stock, and my local welding suppliers only stock rods of larger diameter for serious welding. Nothing for the "little guy". They won't even order small quantities.

Does anyone know of an online resource that definitely keeps this sort of stock? I looked for a long time online, using Google, but no luck.

Reply to
Ron Ciren

I've seen it in person (not online) at Walmart, in the aisle with their little welders and compressors. CH brand. As for online sources:

search for "welding rod", a bunch of 1/16 rods show up on the 1st page (try 7014 if you haven't already).

search for "welding rod".

Now, if you want a cheaper source I'll leave that up to you, but at least you now have a source. I'm sure others will chime in if they know of something better... --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford

In Canada try Canadian Tire and Princess Auto. There is more than one Welding supply so you could try another. One will usually be friendly towards the little guy with the small order.

Reply to
The Nolalu Barn Owl

I haven't been searching long enough to find a link, but the part number for weldit 5/64" 6013 is H117125-RDP and their phone number is 1-800-626-9420. There is a web page on the package,

I use these rods with my old old craftsman 110v welder and they do great. I run them from 25 to 60 amps, according to the scale on this old welder and I have no real idea if it is calibrated with any accuracy. The 5/64" rods weld 1/8" bed frame rather well.

I have a bit of a rough time using the 1/16" rods, I actually cut them in half because they vibrate or wiggle so much.

I bought both sized rods from

but I don't see them there anymore.

I hope that helps a little.

Thor

Reply to
Thor

Someone here mentioned quite a while ago that if you're reasonably sure that your off-hand glove has no holes in it, that you can use your off hand to steady the end of the rod. I found it definitely helps, especially with a fresh 14" rod. --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
glyford