Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Bright Flares
Aluminum welding is coming along , just need lots of practice now . But SS is still giving me problems . Seems no matter how much or how little surface prep I do I still get these really bright...
25
25

Investigation of the reduction of mouldboard ploughshare wear through hot stamping and hardfacing processes
Turk J Agric For 35 (2011) 461-468 © TÜB?TAK doi:10.3906/tar-1105-29 Abstract: Th e eff ects of the hot stamping process and diff erent hardfacing techniq ues, such as shielded metal arcwelding...

pac 125 torch repair
I have a Powermax 900 with a PAC 125 torch . Today the torch started smoking and I shut the machine off and took the torch apart. There is a red wire that appears to have been originally soldered to...
6
6

Pitted tungsten ?
Guy I know has a small production shop , making small lot custom products . We were talking today about TIG welding , he was showing me the machine and settings and such . While looking at the I...
2
2

Micro tig
I am thinking about building a micro-tig welder psu, and wonder what sort of controls and features to put on it. I'll be using a microcontroller, so it won't cost much to add another control. Maximum...
8
8

Making cash income from welding?
I was talking to my friend today about TIG welding and stuff. I told him that if he was very good at TIG welding, then he could have a nice cash income doing stainless welding for food industry,...
4
4

Flux coated rods
I'd like to start doing some low temperature OA whuzzit fixits. Just enough to get some bonding metal to hold the thing together, max working pressure 400 psi. Like soldering, but just a little...
5
5

NexGen question
I am DIRECTLY on the path of the upcoming Sunday eclipse. I am going out to set up my camera the next few days. I sent the wife to the welding store, and they have sold 26,000 # 14 lenses in the last...
1
1

Tell me about pulsed mig
I have had a couple of guys ask me about aluminum fabbing. I know that lots of things that are associated with aluminum are expensive. Mainly, it would be a shear, bender, plasma cutter, and welder....
2
2

Anti spatter mask
Not spray, that is what I have been using. Works great, but takes way too much time and effort to remove before painting. Since these are very simple and identical weldments I thought of making a...
9
9

Laser or plasma
While recently in Mexico, there is a glut of metal sculpture, not a piece of which I saw bought. Schools of fishes, large sailfish, small sailfish, three dimensional trees all cut out of a flat piece...
26
26

Miller welder ID
Fellow has a Miller Engine powered unit, trying to ID it. Looks like a Wildcat Teccumseh OHV engine DC output S/N jb516058 Looks like about 200 amp Owner claims it is a "2E" Pretty beat up, someone...
5
5

What size plasma cutter?
I am getting a new plasma cutter. I have decided on HyperTherm ONLY. I have a Victor smoke wrench for big stuff now, and am considering this for small stuff, including some 20somethingish gauge...
22
22

Oxy-propane cutting adaptor?
Now that I have several of forklift propane tanks, I would like to start cutting stuff with oxy-propane instead of O/A. I think that I need an adaptor for propane tank to acetylene regulator, or...
5
5

Rosebud weld tactics
I'm going to drill some holes in one side of two pieces of flat, and then use rosebud welds to join them together. Is it best to start in the center, and get a hot puddle, and spiral out, or spiral...
10
10

Does flux go bad?
Brazing flux that is.... The stuff that dries out and you need to add water to and make a paste out of. Seems lately I cannot get braze to stick to anything, it just beads up and rolls around. Remove...
5
5

6013 questions
I used 6013 ONE time, when I was doing field repairs on ornamental metal, .065" square tube. The rod was described in a welding book I had as "a sheet metal rod." Sounded good to me, wanting to join...
15
15

Water cooled torch woes
--OK I'll be the first to admit I'm a bit of a slacker and it took time to get it organized so the box the torch came in is long gone. Anywayyyy yesterday I finally hooked up the torch to my little...
14
14

Jasic (China) ad/dc welder reputation ????
Anyone hear any bad stories about these Jasic brand imported ac/dc tig welders? At $850 delivered these are about the best I have found pricewise. Comes with the pedal and torch and leads. Same crap...
2
2

Aluminum TIG weld cracking
This is the bottom haul of a boat, have cleaned the area, using 4043 filler and an Aerowave machine at 55% electrode positive, shielding gas is argon. Cracking along the edge of the weld, length wise....
4
4