Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Tigging 12L14?
I always thought this was impossible. Granted, he says it's not for importa nt structural welds, but still, this opens up a new world to me. I'm pretty so-so machining, and 12L14 just makes it so much...
7
7

Lincoln wire-matic 255 feed/speed problem
We have a Lincoln wire-matic 255 mig welder. Lately it has developed a problem, as follows: when the operator presses a trigger, it starts feeding the wire way too slowly, for about a second, then it...
5
5

contact tips for speedway flux welder
I have been looking for contact tips for my speedway will harbor freight tips work? Thanks
2
2

Bright Flares
Aluminum welding is coming along , just need lots of practice now . But SS is still giving me problems . Seems no matter how much or how little surface prep I do I still get these really bright...
25
25

Investigation of the reduction of mouldboard ploughshare wear through hot stamping and hardfacing processes
Turk J Agric For 35 (2011) 461-468 © TÜB?TAK doi:10.3906/tar-1105-29 Abstract: Th e eff ects of the hot stamping process and diff erent hardfacing techniq ues, such as shielded metal arcwelding...

pac 125 torch repair
I have a Powermax 900 with a PAC 125 torch . Today the torch started smoking and I shut the machine off and took the torch apart. There is a red wire that appears to have been originally soldered to...
6
6

Pitted tungsten ?
Guy I know has a small production shop , making small lot custom products . We were talking today about TIG welding , he was showing me the machine and settings and such . While looking at the I...
2
2

Micro tig
I am thinking about building a micro-tig welder psu, and wonder what sort of controls and features to put on it. I'll be using a microcontroller, so it won't cost much to add another control. Maximum...
8
8

Brazing 11 gauge steel
Thanks, good advice. My library has one copy of the book. I placed a hold on it, might get it next week. I don't want to spend more money on the solder than I do on the other materials, but I do like...
40
40

Making cash income from welding?
I was talking to my friend today about TIG welding and stuff. I told him that if he was very good at TIG welding, then he could have a nice cash income doing stainless welding for food industry,...
4
4

Flux coated rods
If by "low temperature" you mean at less then the melting point of the parent metal then you are probably talking about brass, bronze or silver brazing. You can but flux coated brass rods and I...
5
5

NexGen question
I am DIRECTLY on the path of the upcoming Sunday eclipse. I am going out to set up my camera the next few days. I sent the wife to the welding store, and they have sold 26,000 # 14 lenses in the last...
1
1

Tell me about pulsed mig
I have had a couple of guys ask me about aluminum fabbing. I know that lots of things that are associated with aluminum are expensive. Mainly, it would be a shear, bender, plasma cutter, and welder....
2
2

Anti spatter mask
Not spray, that is what I have been using. Works great, but takes way too much time and effort to remove before painting. Since these are very simple and identical weldments I thought of making a...
9
9

Laser or plasma
Forwarded from RCM.... Like that fan repair job, eih?
26
26

Miller welder ID
Fellow has a Miller Engine powered unit, trying to ID it. Looks like a Wildcat Teccumseh OHV engine DC output S/N jb516058 Looks like about 200 amp Owner claims it is a "2E" Pretty beat up, someone...
5
5

What size plasma cutter?
I am getting a new plasma cutter. I have decided on HyperTherm ONLY. I have a Victor smoke wrench for big stuff now, and am considering this for small stuff, including some 20somethingish gauge...
22
22

Oxy-propane cutting adaptor?
Now that I have several of forklift propane tanks, I would like to start cutting stuff with oxy-propane instead of O/A. I think that I need an adaptor for propane tank to acetylene regulator, or...
5
5

What is the right gun for Miller S-52E wirefeed
I have a Miller Pulstar 450 amp MIG welder and an S-52 wirefeed. It does not have a gun, which is my fault (forgot to take it, dumb ass). My question is, what is the proper gun for it, Miller and...
2
2

Rosebud weld tactics
I'm going to drill some holes in one side of two pieces of flat, and then use rosebud welds to join them together. Is it best to start in the center, and get a hot puddle, and spiral out, or spiral...
10
10