Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Scratch start AC tig.
Is it possible or safe to do AC scratch start tig on aluminum with an AC/DC stick welder? In article , wrote: NO!!!! AC TIG requires constant high frequency to maintain the arc. Thanks for the quick...
5
5

better torch goggles?
Since 1980 I've only used one kind of burning/brazing goggles with a torch - cheap red plastic with a funky elastic strap on the back that loses its elasticity amazingly fast. They work OK but I'm...
3
3

welding machine
Hi, ho knows something about SELCO welding machine. Best, T. Google does. Apparently from Italy, so may be set up for European power source. May be a good machine, but questionable about getting parts...
3
3

oxygen butane cutting
will an acetylene regulator work for butane oxygen cutting. I used butane a long time ago to cut metal but I don't remember if I used a acetylene regulator or just a butane regulator. I know I had to...
1
1

Syncrowave 300 Pulser unit wanted
Hey guys (and gals)... If any of you know of a working pulser unit for an older (25 years plus) Miller Syncrowave 300 for sale at a reasonable price, I'm interested. I have no idea what reasonable...
6
6

Ready Welder?
Has anyone ever purchased or used a Ready Welder? these good units? Their website says lots of good things about them, but anyone can create a website. Google advanced groups search this group. You'll...
45
45

WP-9 Gas Cooled TIG Torch
Hello Am going to work part time for a company that make small Stainless Steel parts , looked at the welding area and TIG Torch that they have been using is a little smaller than a ball bat , over the...
5
5

Hypertherm Max20
I have a Hypertherm Max20 plasma cutter that has fried 2 resistors on it's circut board and I need to know what their value is to replace them. The resistors are R25 and R26 on the main PCB marked...
1
1

Decent Welding Rod??
Awl-- Whazzup w/ all the lousy rod I been getting? Was grooving along just fine w/ my age-old pile of semi-no-name rod, finally ran out of 60xx 3/32, and local welding supplier didn't have any! Got...
19
19

really fast stick welding (6013 vertical down?)
Hi everyone What is a really quick way to put down lengths of "stick" (SMA) weld, when strength requirements are very limited? I've heard that vertical-down with 6013 is very quick. You come to...
2
2

Trying wire feed welding, need some tips
I have no experience with MIG or wire welding. I recently acquired a Lincoln LN-25 wire feeder. It has some quantity of 5/64" flux core welding wire. I would like to know if I can try to use that wire...
8
8

Mitech Plasma cutter
Has anybody had much experience with the Mitech 40 Amp plasma cutter?. I know they are imported from China and hardly in the same league as Miller or Lincoln, but they are cheap. They come with a 1 yr...

Hybrid Jackson/Huntsman Nexgen hood
Last night I created my hybrid of a Huntsman 951P headgear and a Jackson Halo welding hood. It was remarkably easy. The Hunstman 951P has a positive detent lock in the up and down positions. This...
5
5

vertical butt fillet weld
Hi everyone I need advice on doing vertical welds "sealing" between two vertical butting plates. The welds I am getting are rather uneven in profile, thickening and thinning along the weld. Not at all...
5
5

Amperage by rod diameter or base metal thickness?
Howdy, I bought myself a box of rod today, 3/32" 6013. I will be using this for welding angle iron that is 1/8" thick with an AC buzzbox. The recommendation for rod of this thickness is 30 to 80 amps,...
5
5

Harbor Freight Portapower Sets - Are They Worth Buying?
I am considering buying a portapower set for the home shop. I am used to the Enerpac products...good stuff. Are the Harbor Freight portapower set worth buying? They have both a 4 and 10 ton set...
7
7

Universal Rod, polarity??
Awl-- I'm looking for an "idiot-proof" rod, and just got off the phone with perhaps the largest welding supply house in these here parts, who in fact carries an idiot rod, all-purpose, all position...
12
12

RilandUSA TIG-200WSE
I would appreciate the groups unbiased feedback on the Riland Tig-200WSE tig welder as compared to the Thermal arc 185 or HTP Invertig 201 for example. The limiting factor is the line supply. 220v, 40...
2
2

Acetylene regulator sputter
My acetelyne regulator sputters and pops when setting and welding. The sputter is rythmic and fairly constant. Any ideas? Two ideas. The first is that you're drawing too much acetylene too fast, and...
1
1

Identify uses for two welding rods
Hi, folks, I have a couple of types of welding rod that I can't identify any use for by searching Google, Web or Groups. I've checked all the applicable subjects in this group as far back as July '06....
5
5