Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Thermal Arc wire feed machines
I have seen a number of people post good things about Thermal Arc's inverter TIG machines, how are their wire feed machines? I was looking at their Fabricator 180 for about $625. Thanks, Bob
3
3

Miller MIG question
I'm helping a friend who's having problems with his Miller MIG, a 172, IIRC. A 220 wirefeed running .035 wire and CO2. The machine will click, but not push out wire. You have to click it several times...
6
6

Cutting Open a Propane Tank
I have an old propane tank that I want to turn into a gas forge. I have the burner, gauge, regulator, and hose. All I need is to fabricated the forge. My plan was to get the valve off the tank and let...
15
15

Thermal Arc 3 or single phase
I have a Thermal Arc 250 GTSWSE AC/DC welder and need to know if it can run on 220v single phase and if so what is the setup wiring etc. any advice is much appreciated thanks Brian
1
1

high freq for dc250 lincoln
Hi, I have a dc250 lincoln cc/cv welder that i'd like to hook up a K799 or older "high freq" unit on for TIG. But while looking at an owner's manual for a Lincoln "high freq" arc starter it said...
2
2

Lightweight welding table?
--Am in need of a table maybe 24" on a side but wanted to do something other than a slab of steel. I'm thinking of building a 'torsion box' like woodworkers use to lay out large stuff precisely. This...
6
6

Scratch start AC tig.
Is it possible or safe to do AC scratch start tig on aluminum with an AC/DC stick welder?
5
5

better torch goggles?
I use googles made by Jackson. They use the same size filter as an arc welding helmet, but don't shield the whole face. I looked on the internet, and can't find anything that is the same. Dan
3
3

welding machine
Hi, ho knows something about SELCO welding machine. Best, T.
3
3

oxygen butane cutting
will an acetylene regulator work for butane oxygen cutting. I used butane a long time ago to cut metal but I don't remember if I used a acetylene regulator or just a butane regulator. I know I had to...
1
1

Syncrowave 300 Pulser unit wanted
Hey guys (and gals)... If any of you know of a working pulser unit for an older (25 years plus) Miller Syncrowave 300 for sale at a reasonable price, I'm interested. I have no idea what reasonable...
6
6

Hobart Hefty wire feed
I recently acquired a HOBART HEFTY wire feed suitcase. It seems to be meant for fluxcore only. It actually works. It is CC/CV wire feed. Does anyone know if spare parts for it are completely...
3
3

Ready Welder?
Has anyone ever purchased or used a Ready Welder? these good units? Their website says lots of good things about them, but anyone can create a website. http://www.readywelder.com/
45
45

Hypertherm Max20
I have a Hypertherm Max20 plasma cutter that has fried 2 resistors on it's circut board and I need to know what their value is to replace them. The resistors are R25 and R26 on the main PCB marked...
1
1

Decent Welding Rod??
Awl-- Whazzup w/ all the lousy rod I been getting? Was grooving along just fine w/ my age-old pile of semi-no-name rod, finally ran out of 60xx 3/32, and local welding supplier didn't have any! Got...
19
19

really fast stick welding (6013 vertical down?)
Hi everyone What is a really quick way to put down lengths of "stick" (SMA) weld, when strength requirements are very limited? I've heard that vertical-down with 6013 is very quick. You come to...
2
2

Trying wire feed welding, need some tips
I have no experience with MIG or wire welding. I recently acquired a Lincoln LN-25 wire feeder. It has some quantity of 5/64" flux core welding wire. I would like to know if I can try to use that wire...
8
8

Mitech Plasma cutter
Has anybody had much experience with the Mitech 40 Amp plasma cutter?. I know they are imported from China and hardly in the same league as Miller or Lincoln, but they are cheap. They come with a 1 yr...

Hybrid Jackson/Huntsman Nexgen hood
Last night I created my hybrid of a Huntsman 951P headgear and a Jackson Halo welding hood. It was remarkably easy. The Hunstman 951P has a positive detent lock in the up and down positions. This...
5
5

vertical butt fillet weld
Hi everyone I need advice on doing vertical welds "sealing" between two vertical butting plates. The welds I am getting are rather uneven in profile, thickening and thinning along the weld. Not at all...
5
5