Best Rated threads in ⚡ Welding Forumsshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Miller Dynasty DX 300
I ran across a naked Dynasty DX 300, built about 1998 based on the serial number. The owner is asking $1000 for the machine alone, but can sell a WP17 torch and regulator for an additional $100. No...
14
14

replacing hammer faces on rawhide-faced mallet?
I picked up an old rawhide-faced mallet recently. In the same lot came a box with replacement faces. The old ones were mushroomed beyond belief. I removed the old faces and immediately realized the...
10
10

Wprld Wide Welders inc. P/TRON-8
I have been given this plasma cutter because small animals have eaten some of the wiring inside. The actual Part# is PZTN-8. It was built in 1984 and has probably seen better days. Is there anyone out...
2
2

Air compressor and Hypertherm Powermax 30
Hi,all. I have a plan to purchase of Hypertherm Powermax 30 plasma cutter. Can anybody recommend which air compressor is best for Powermax 30 . Thanks in advance. Yoshi.
13
13

Miller Econo Twin HF
I just picked up a used Miller Econo Twin HF (not econo tig) welder yesterday. It is my first tig and I was looking for something inexpensive to cut me teeth on. I paid $150 for it with a full 80cf...

Establish a fair price for a Trailblazer 251nt?
Hello all I apologize if this is off topic somewhat. I have a Miller Trailblazer 251 NT that I want to sell, possibly as a combo with a s22p12 feeder. The TB has less than 170 hrs, and works...
3
3

Teledyne MIG welder?
Hi all, I've been offered an old Teledyne Glenn Pacific MIG welder that I would use as a power supply for my Ready Welder. Any take on if these are any good? I can't find anything on them on the net....
2
2

DCEN, DCEP ..
I have always always always only ever stick welded using DCEP. It works just like I expect it to. I recently learned that in the modern parlance this is called "reverse polarity". I have also heard...
35
35

Maxstar 150 ST , thinking of buying one but..
Ive been reading good things about the maxstar 150 on the net but before I dig into my wallet to buy one I really need to know a few crucial things. Mainly will this burn 6011 rod ok? i heard it had...
7
7

Will Plasma cutter cut cast iron?
Will plasma cutter cut: cast iron? aluminum? brass? SS? etc.?
3
3

220 breaker needs?
Hi I am new to welding and have picked up a Forney Industries Arc Welder. The model Number is F230 and I am looking for information on this welder. I am going to contact the company in the next few...
1
1

Why do my TIG welds suck?
Hello, Please see the following link for the pictures of the welds and project: am building a type of chair: Le Corbusier's famous "Relaxation Machine". Costs $700 to $1350 to buy, so I decided to...
23
23

Lift Arc-Start TIG - Tungsten Sticking to Mild Steel
I started a TIG welding class last evening. We are using lift arc-start on Miller welders (sorry, didn't note the model number). We are practicing on 16 gauge mild steel with 1/16" 2% thoriated...
5
5

Pulsing Acetylene Regulator
A year-and-a-half ago I replaced a pulsing acetylene regulator with a medium duty Victor. I use this rig irregularly, and was truly bummed yesterday to find a new case of pulsing. This regulator was...
2
2

Re-drying E7018
Some time ago I purchased a 50# box of E7018 Hobart electrodes. I'm not a professional welder, nor do I have occasion to do that much welding, which means that I had an open box of low hydrogen...
17
17

value of millermatic 130xp?
A fellow newbie welder is considering buying this: anyone comment on the value of the entire package? $425 seems high, given that a new millermatic 135 + cart can be had on ebay for $600, and a 40cf...
5
5

SA 200 welder spec question
I am just about ready to start welding with my refurbed SA 200. Notice I say refurbed, and not restored. There is something wrong with the sensor that kicks in the throttle when an arc is struck, and...
7
7

Buzz box output voltage?
What's the output voltage of a Lincoln Tombstone? I have a little generator with a 240 circuit with a 20 amp breaker. I know it's not much to work with but if it could run the buzz box on 90 I'd be...
14
14

Lincoln IdealArc 3 Phase
I know my response is a little late, but I hope you're still watching. Use your machine's description or code number and look for a manual here: had worked on Lincoln's TIG assembly line in the 1080s...
5
5

welding 303 SS
I know you can't get a good weld on 303 SS, but will it weld at all? I make abstract metal sculpture on weekends and I have more access to 303 than 304 or 316 from the scrap bin at work. Can it be...
15
15