Bring back the HP 15C Scientific calculator

I have been working on an effort to get HP to start making the 15C, or a similar model again. To this end I have set up a web site with a petition. If you are like me, and would love to have a well made calculator like the 15C again. Please take a moment to go to my web site and sign the petition. If you have never used a 15C before the web site will tell you why it is the best scientific calculator for everyday use. I have been in contact with a member of the calculator planning department at HP who is sympathetic to the cause and will argue the case to those who make the decisions, however I need to get many more signatures on the petition, so tell anyone you know who would also benefit from a quality calculator like the 15C, to check out the web site.

Chris W Not getting the gifts you want? The Wish Zone can help.

Chris W

I'm on it dude!. The 15C is no longer available ?? Dang. I use mine nearly every day! I'm concerned now since I love it so much, and didn't realize that there is no quivelant replacement. I'll do what I can.

Reply to
Mr Wizzard

Here are where the folks who used to do calculators for HP ended up:

especially project Qonos, which I think is supposed to be out the end of this year. Not the 15c, I realize, but important to the plot.

Here's another approach, one incarnation of which may look a lot like a 15c:

And here's the recent slashdot discussion:
There are a couple of 15c's on ebay...

Steve Smith

Chris W wrote:

Reply to
Steve Smith

Do you have any idea what "welding" is ?

Reply to
mb

Reply to
David Billington

I think he's more going for the sci.engr then the joining.welding.

Rich

Reply to
Rich Jones

You should post this over in comp.sys.hp48 (if you haven't already). There are a LOT of hard core 15C fan's there.

I also love my 15C... won't let it out of my sight. I use it daily, along with a 32SII.

Good Luck with the petition!

Erik

Reply to
Erik